• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supreme court hearing of JAN 15 regarding RKBA & Domestic Violence

JoeSparky

Centurion
from page 32---

18 JUSTICE BREYER: Excuse me. If you look at
19 the history of it, it's certainly true that Congress did
20 intend to get misdemeanor domestic felonies.

"Misdemeanor domestic felonies"? I am still trying to wrap my head around this particular phrase taken from the arguments....

Do we have a new category of crime?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Lower the bar of what constitutes a felony is an easy way to give the illusion of disarming the public and a convenient way to infringe upon rights.

What bothers me about a lot of these cases is that many people are deprived of rights without due process.

Of course nowadays I have seen hints that due process simply means any process of the "system".

Freedom1Man

Lower the bar of what constitutes a felony is an easy way to give the illusion of disarming the public and a convenient way to infringe upon rights.

What bothers me about a lot of these cases is that many people are deprived of rights without due process.

Of course nowadays I have seen hints that due process simply means any process of the "system".

Those are not hints. I know that is how it's being used.

Due process is gone.

rushcreek2

As tyrannical law makers, courts, and executive despots add never ending increments of " necessary balance " to the caveat "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" ..............an iron clad case for "ABSOLUTELY SHALL NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE INFRINGED" - is being established beyond any reasonable doubt.