• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So how many people have you convinced to carry?

bebop4one

Over the years, I have influenced perhaps a half dozen or so to carry, though they do so mostly situationaly, and not as a daily choice as I do when I am in states that allow it.

Beyond carry however, I feel that I have influenced far more people to be more educated and aware gun owners, which I think is more important for the 2A cause. By and large, the entire subset of "gun owners" (vs those who actually carry as a lifestyle choice) are simply too un-educated about their own rights and responsibilities. I can't even count the number of conversations I have had with "NRA fudds" where they had no clue about the legislation going on around them, or how it may affect them.

On that thought, I miss living in the free world, as few outside of the military men and woman I work around even want to have that conversation down here in the PRoC. :(

I escaped southern california a year ago and I couldn't be happier. Los Angeles county was so oppressive that I couldn't take it anymore. It's never too late to get out.

FMCDH

I escaped southern california a year ago and I couldn't be happier. Los Angeles county was so oppressive that I couldn't take it anymore. It's never too late to get out.

I wont be staying one minute longer than I am obligated to. ;)

sudden valley gunner

One does not have to specifically argue or debate the points of carrying to "convince" someone to carry.

The word itself may be a less than perfect way to articulate what we do with people in our sphere of influence, to allow them to choose to carry. We "convince" people to start carrying, or to adopt the lifestyle of being responsible for their own and their families protection, by our example, our willingness to discuss the pros and cons of the lifestyle, our enthusiasm and/or dedication. In doing it this way, they convince themselves, or choose to adopt, the lifestyle.

We answer their questions, explain the benefits when they ask or show interest, and point them to forums/blogs/organizations/stores/classes and ranges where they can educate themselves and decide for themselves.

We, by our example and willingness to help or advise them, allow them to become convinced, in their own mind, that they want to pursue this path.

+1