• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Securitas guard asked me to put my firearm in my car at DOL

Tacitus42

Picking up tabs at the DOL in the Pierce County Auditor's Office bldg 2401 S 35th St #200 Tacoma on fri. Securitas guard [he was armed and tacticooled out] asked me to return my properly holstered Glock 22 to my car as this was a government building. I politely refused stating to him that this was not a federal building, I wasnt going to answer any questions, I do not consent to any searches or seizures of me or my property , that he should contact his supervisor, and asked him if he heard of state preemption. just gave it to him ,the look on his face was priceless. all he said was no problems sir. i got my tabs, went back asked him for his name and who he worked for. I recorded vid on my phone cant quit figure out how to upload it. I will follow up with securitas and dol. sorry for grammar and punctuations as a couple of keys on my keyboard just stopped working, lot of copy and pasting.

*VIDEOS ADDED BELOW*

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Picking up tabs at the DOL in the Pierce County Auditor's Office bldg 2401 S 35th St #200 Tacoma on fri. Securitas guard [he was armed and tacticooled out] asked me to return my properly holstered Glock 22 to my car as this was a government building. I politely refused stating to him that this was not a federal building, I wasnt going to answer any questions, I do not consent to any searches or seizures of me or my property , that he should contact his supervisor, and asked him if he heard of state preemption. just gave it to him ,the look on his face was priceless. all he said was no problems sir. i got my tabs, went back asked him for his name and who he worked for. I recorded vid on my phone cant quit figure out how to upload it. I will follow up with securitas and dol. sorry for grammar and punctuations as a couple of keys on my keyboard just stopped working, lot of copy and pasting.
+1 Awesome standing up for yourself and by extension, those who follow you!

solus

tac, nice job dealing with the turkey bacon. my problem is being able to say it w/o bursting out laughing and wanting to ask if they are really and truly that naive or under trained or on such a ego trip. (choice of terms depends entirely on diet coke's stature and demur when i am approached)

ipse

Difdi

I recorded vid on my phone cant quit figure out how to upload it.

If you post from a computer (as opposed to a phone) you can often get saved images and video clips off the phone by connecting it to a computer. The charge port is almost always a USB port, no matter how weird the plug looks.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
If you post from a computer (as opposed to a phone) you can often get saved images and video clips off the phone by connecting it to a computer. The charge port is almost always a USB port, no matter how weird the plug looks.

Or you can email it from your phone to your computer.

deanf

I think you're going about this wrong. If the private guard is contracted to tell people with guns to leave, then that's what he's going to do, and no amount of waiving RCWs under his nose is going to change that. He's not contracted to know the law - he's contracted to do what the County tells him to.

I'm not saying don't make a stink. I'm saying make a stink with the right people, which would be the Auditor's office or the County Council, or perhaps the division of the County that is in charge of administering their facilities. Take the effort you would have used on Securitas, and redirect it to the County.

sudden valley gunner

I think you're going about this wrong. If the private guard is contracted to tell people with guns to leave, then that's what he's going to do, and no amount of waiving RCWs under his nose is going to change that. He's not contracted to know the law - he's contracted to do what the County tells him to.

I'm not saying don't make a stink. I'm saying make a stink with the right people, which would be the Auditor's office or the County Council, or perhaps the division of the County that is in charge of administering their facilities. Take the effort you would have used on Securitas, and redirect it to the County.

Ummmm just following order......

deanf

Ummmm just following order......

I think there's a distinct difference between a private person (the guard) who can be ignored without peril, and a commissioned law enforcement officer or other government appointee who perhaps cannot be ignored without the risk of at least temporary peril. The orders the guard is operating under are of no concern, since he's no authority.

Why direct energies at someone who's no authority to change the situation?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think there's a distinct difference between a private person (the guard) who can be ignored without peril, and a commissioned law enforcement officer or other government appointee who perhaps cannot be ignored without the risk of at least temporary peril. The orders the guard is operating under are of no concern, since he's no authority.

Why direct energies at someone who's no authority to change the situation?
Hmmm - maybe because we want the public (those observing) to have the facts straight - education being one of our goals.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

The government hires someone to enforce a policy, those enforcers are obligated to do so within the law.

Otherwise they are just ........following orders........

Something I don't care much for.

deanf

The government hires someone to enforce a policy,

We don't really know what they've been hired to do. Probably just request certain conduct from people, then report and observe. No laying of hands. No enforcement. That's usually how those private security gigs go.

sudden valley gunner

We don't really know what they've been hired to do. Probably just request certain conduct from people, then report and observe. No laying of hands. No enforcement. That's usually how those private security gigs go.[/COLOR]

Nope. They check weapons and stop you from entering courthouses all the time.....

IF you are hired by the tax parasites to do a do duty than do that duty within the law. Pretty simple concept.

Stoked

*VIDEOS ADDED BELOW*

Can't see the video.

Curious as to know why this security guard was there. I'm in the Assessor/Treasurer's Office/DOL area there at the County Annex nearly once a week for research purposes, including twice last week (Monday for 2 hours and Wednesday for an hour or so) and I've never once seen security. They used to have an unarmed security guard in the parking lot (4GS?) who just drove around in a Jeep SUV, but never once have I seen security inside, armed or unarmed, and I've never seen anyone OC'ing.

Dave_pro2a

Why direct energies at someone who's no authority to change the situation?[/COLOR]

No authority?

He is an official representative of the property owner. He is likely empowered by that contractile relationship, to have limited 'control' over the State owned property.

If the state asked him to do something illegal, then he should refuse. If he doesn't refuse, then he is as guilty as the State official who gave him the instructions -- for violating state law.

deanf

He is an official representative of the property owner.

You're the property owner; it's a publicly owned building. He's no more authority to command you to do anything than any other Joe waiting in line, "contractile" (sic) agreement notwithstanding.

sudden valley gunner

[/COLOR]

You're the property owner; it's a publicly owned building. He's no more authority to command you to do anything than any other Joe waiting in line, "contractile" (sic) agreement notwithstanding.

Well great I love it. Then I can ignore their demands! :rolleyes:

Then a police officer is the same as you claim. Nothing but another Joe hired by "us".

Of course the reality is we are not the state or the government.