• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First ever encounter at my apartments

Aaron1124

I won't discuss my opinions on whether or not they're "addicts" , or whether or not I agree that it should remain illegal or not, but I will say that I am certainly not a fan of marijuana, and have never used marijuana. I can also note that most of the people who I have encountered who do use marijuana come across as lazy lowlifes.

Sorry if that comes across as brash, but it's how I view it. I won't get in to the politics of whether or not I feel it's dangerous, immoral, it's legal status, or anything of that nature.. just because I don't like getting too political about non firearm issues on here, out of respect for the forum and what it stands for.

1245A Defender

Of course they have a right to self defense. But if you knowingly break the law and try to find sanctuary behind "the right to self-defense" then it does nothing for our cause.

LOL Here comes our Pot Heads whining away.

Pot is illegal !

Now you've done it! Expect this thread to "go up in smoke" real soon.

I won't discuss my opinions on whether or not they're "addicts" , or whether or not I agree that it should remain illegal or not, but I will say that I am certainly not a fan of marijuana, and have never used marijuana. I can also note that most of the people who I have encountered who do use marijuana come across as lazy lowlifes.

Sorry if that comes across as brash, but it's how I view it. I won't get in to the politics of whether or not I feel it's dangerous, immoral, it's legal status, or anything of that nature.. just because I don't like getting too political about non firearm issues on here, out of respect for the forum and what it stands for.

way to go!!!
thanks for standing up, and protecting our 2 A rights!
being a criminal, of any kind, speeding, taxes, zoning, whatever!
shouldnt have anything to do with it.
rights are rights, they are unalienable!

think of the 5th A, it protects the innocent as well as the guilty!
as it should be!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
way to go!!!
thanks for standing up, and protecting our 2 A rights!
being a criminal, of any kind, speeding, taxes, zoning, whatever!
shouldnt have anything to do with it.
rights are rights, they are unalienable!

think of the 5th A, it protects the innocent as well as the guilty!
as it should be!

Guess you were right amlevin.
Now here comes the over reaction crowd.

Self Defense is an alienable right, owning a firearm is not and in your argument you feel killers still should be able to legally own and use firearms?

Last edited:

1245A Defender

sigh.....

Guess you were right amlevin.
Now here comes the over reaction crowd.

Self Defense is an alienable right, owning a firearm is not and in your argument you feel killers still should be able to legally own and use firearms?

I am not alone, when I say, that ANYONE who is not in jail!
has an unalienable right to self defense!

i think that ANYONE that is soooo bad,
that they cant be trusted, with the right to keep and bare arms,
should not be allowed to roam amongst the peaceful people in our society!

Lovenox

even if you do smoke pot,
why would you need to "find sanctuary",
to utilize your unalienable right to keep and bare arms in defense of yourself??

Because drug use and weapons are incompatible? 18, U.S.C. §922 (g) (3)
Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/nicsindex.pdf

Come on man, are we really having this conversation? Choose the drug or the weapon, or change the laws. Until then follow the law.

amlevin

Here is what happens in Washington State to those who served jail sentences (2005 report)

http://www.sgc.wa.gov/PUBS/Recidivism/Adult_Recidivism_CY04.pdf

Here's one that is "national" in scope from 2006:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0933722.html

Over 70% of these "felons", who have had at least one felony conviction in their past, end up back in prison. They have PROVED that they can't be trusted to follow society's rules and conventions at least once and you want to give these people guns? That seems to me like putting your left hand back into the lion's cage after he has bitten off your right one.
I'd rather keep the current system. They serve their time and then petition the court for restoration of their rights. There should also be a period of "proof" that they can behave BEFORE these rights are restored. Sorry but I don't see any benefit to arming convicted felons since 70% or more will be right back in their old ways within little or no time at all.

Aaron1124

Here is what happens in Washington State to those who served jail sentences (2005 report)

http://www.sgc.wa.gov/PUBS/Recidivism/Adult_Recidivism_CY04.pdf

Here's one that is "national" in scope from 2006:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0933722.html

Over 70% of these "felons", who have had at least one felony conviction in their past, end up back in prison. They have PROVED that they can't be trusted to follow society's rules and conventions at least once and you want to give these people guns? That seems to me like putting your left hand back into the lion's cage after he has bitten off your right one.
I'd rather keep the current system. They serve their time and then petition the court for restoration of their rights. There should also be a period of "proof" that they can behave BEFORE these rights are restored. Sorry but I don't see any benefit to arming convicted felons since 70% or more will be right back in their old ways within little or no time at all.

Yep.. you can't really argue the facts. Unless the argument he is making is that not every pot smoker is a convicted felon, or a violent person. I can't speak for him though.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

How about those repeat offenders that have committed heinous crimes against people and do to law restraints they are yet released back into society even when they state they will do it yet again, do they still have a right to defend themselves using a firearm? NOT!

1245A Defender

Yep.. you can't really argue the facts. Unless the argument he is making is that not every pot smoker is a convicted felon, or a violent person. I can't speak for him though.

thank you for your voice of reason..
this was pretty much all i was trying to say,
some posters have gone and spiraled out of control,
assuming all manner of extreme circumstances.

CrossBow33

A little congruency, here...

Why would a relatively benign herb be illegal? Hmmmm???? Perhaps because it was the drug of choice of our minorities for many years? Giving the "authorities" another excuse to crack down on said people, much like the odious firearms laws enacted after the civil war.

Enforce the "driving while impaired" statutes. Otherwise, butt out of our lives!

It never fails to amaze... Folks who profess a dislike of government intrusion into their lives have no problem sicc'ing LE on harmless marijuana smoking citizens. Kind of like folks who abhor abortion having no problem with capital punishment, or... folks who are against capital punishment having no problem with abortion.

DEROS72

I do abhor abortion.I also absolutely support capital punishment.I'll also called the cops on a bunch of these punks around here and saw the other day one cop carrying his drug test kit into an apartment and then hauling someone away.I'm sick of tolerence for useless people who think they are to be supported by the rest of us .This social justice s..t has to stop.No some of these punks around here with felony records etc.do not need to know that open carry is legal.They gave up their right .Now they can't get a job and expect everyone else to pay their way.Some people don't need to own firearms.So when some of these guys ask I just tell them I have a license.I also keep a video camera out my back window on these guys and and will eventually catch em.!!!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Why would a relatively benign herb be illegal? Hmmmm???? Perhaps because it was the drug of choice of our minorities for many years? Giving the "authorities" another excuse to crack down on said people, much like the odious firearms laws enacted after the civil war.

Enforce the "driving while impaired" statutes. Otherwise, butt out of our lives!

It never fails to amaze... Folks who profess a dislike of government intrusion into their lives have no problem sicc'ing LE on harmless marijuana smoking citizens. Kind of like folks who abhor abortion having no problem with capital punishment, or... folks who are against capital punishment having no problem with abortion.

It never ceases to amaze me when those who choose to break the law try to justify their actions but then want the law to protect them on how and when of their choosing.

I have seen to many live their life smoking it away and loosing or leaving paying jobs to support them and their families to just gravitate to government programs to support their inability in making that choice to work or not.
Their choice to smoke becomes paramount in their life while, providing for them and their families welfare, medical and retirement which they have paid nothing into and yet cry and whine as they feel it is in entitled to them.

As for PC, I call BS, partaking in an illegal activity is wrong in my book plain and simple, if you loose your right to carry or your character is brought into doubt because of it then stop whining about it, it is a choice you made.

If you partake into this illegal activity then you are a poor example of the law abiding citizens and to open carry.

DEROS72

Well said Big Dave!

Now.....Football season starts right now so untill feb I'll be preoccupied :0) Vikings and Saints on now.Seahwks at home against Frisco sunday.Life is good.

Last edited:

DEROS72

Eveyone is free.If one chooses not to finish school ,chooses to join a gang,chooses to commit a crime and screw up is life he has been free to do so.It is not societie's fault .It is not up to anyone else to support them.They are free to give up their right to bear arms if they choose to commit a felony.As far as I'm concerned someone convicted of murder has no rights anymore.Their situation is no ones fault but their own.I get tired of this not taking responsibility for ones own action ,pully out out the race card,or blamiming everyone else for their situation.You are free to make choices.If you make a bad choice and loose your freedom then you have ONLY yourself to blame.We strive for a free society but even in a free society there has to be consequences for bad choices.

tony d tiger

to the OP:
Did you worry if the kid might see what apartment you live in?
I mean - now he knows where to find something better than a "squirt gun" and might decide to look when you're out?
:shrug

Just wondering...

sudden valley gunner

Some people here only want the constitution applied to the things they like.

I never smoke marijuana do drugs drink rarely, but if I don't defend rights and the constitution across the board, than that would make me a hipocrite, I would vote to do away with any sort of prohibition across the board. It's a huge waste of our tax money fighting this stupid "drug war". So would Abraham Lincoln.....(a racist, expanitionist who pushed for more federal control and in my opinion a forerunner to many "progressives")

We do have the right to bear arms (this would mean firearms). Because the reason for the 2A was to make sure we had .......wait for it.....firearms.

jt59

I think that one of these is a victim and one is a perp....IMO