• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB11-1205, Constitution Carry, Final Passage Tommorow!

mahkagari

Do you all think it would be a good or bad idea to call Hickenlooper and tell him that we want him to support this bill?

Moot. He can't/won't do anything with it at least until it hits the floor, much less while it's in comittee. It's a long ways off before it gets to his desk for signing/veto. Concentrate your efforts on assembly reps.

JamesB

Committee meeting is scheduled for tomorrow last I knew.

Planning to skip class to be there.

Now if only I didn't have to divest myself of all metalic objects to get in.

mahkagari

Committee meeting is scheduled for tomorrow last I knew.

Planning to skip class to be there.

Now if only I didn't have to divest myself of all metalic objects to get in.

Are you journeying to the East to get there?

ZackL

JamesB, please do take notes so that you can give us a quality account. I don't have the means to make it up to Denver today, but I am very thankful that you, and hopefully others, are able to go.

Thanks guys and can't wait to hear.

JamesB

The bill has cleared the first hurdle.

It has passed out of committee to the floor as a whole with a recomendation for a favorable vote!

Keep calling those representatives.

Last edited:

JamesB

There was also an amendment added to the bill before it passed out of committee.

In Colorado you must be 21 to purchase a handgun, you must be 21 to apply for a ccw, but you only have to be 18 to posess a handgun.

The amendment was to "clear this up" so the bill if it passes would only apply to those who are 21 and above. From 18-21 will still not be allowed.

Anubis

It's good to learn that there were 2 right-thinking democrats (if that's possible) on the committee; I was expecting 6 republican ayes and 5 democrat nays.

bogidu

Political Newb

Ok, honestly I've only started paying attention to politics in the last 10 years or so, but not at this level. Generally how long does it take for something to go to vote once it's cleared committee?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Folks...this is it!!!

HB11-1205 was amended on the floor of the House and will be heard for final passage tomorrow on 3/2. Please call your Colorado House of Representatives members (the state ones) and urge them to vote yes on HB11-1205!

State House Representatives

Short, sweet, and to the point: Pass HB11-1205 tomorrow. It'll then move on to the Senate, and I will give contact information to them at the proper point.

js5439

There was also an amendment added to the bill before it passed out of committee.

In Colorado you must be 21 to purchase a handgun, you must be 21 to apply for a ccw, but you only have to be 18 to posess a handgun.

The amendment was to "clear this up" so the bill if it passes would only apply to those who are 21 and above. From 18-21 will still not be allowed.

so until you are 21 you can't conceal it only open carry?

therealcombat

I really hope this passes.

I'm hoping to do a cross country motorcycle ride this summer. Colorado is one of the places i want to check out. If i can't carry in CO, I'll avoid it like the plague.