• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle still trying to restrict guns in parks

Dave Workman

BREAKING: Seattle petitions state Supreme Court to review gun ban loss

The City of Seattle has petitioned the state Supreme Court in an effort to resurrect its city parks gun ban after losing the battle twice to the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and the National Rifle Association, in King County Superior Court and at the State Court of Appeals.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...ns-state-supreme-court-to-review-gun-ban-loss

Metalhead47

We need a facepalm smiley...

We had one. That particular spot on the forum server's hard drive wore out in about 3 seconds from use.

4127992813_91c0640808.jpg

decklin

Did you guys read some of the comments people left on that article? It seems as if more and more people are waking up.

tombrewster421

"We should be more like dolphins. They don't use guns for war, they just click."

Hahahahaha! What a freaking fruitcake! Some people just have no clue what it means to be human and aren't qualified to handle that responsibility. I hope someone with a gun saves his butt one day. But somehow I doubt he would see the light even then.

Metalhead47

"We should be more like dolphins. They don't use guns for war, they just click."

Hahahahaha! What a freaking fruitcake! Some people just have no clue what it means to be human and aren't qualified to handle that responsibility. I hope someone with a gun saves his butt one day. But somehow I doubt he would see the light even then.

Since dolphins have been known to rape each other, maybe it's time they DO need to pack heat! :rolleyes:

joeroket

Look on the bright side. Once the Supreme court decides the case law will carry to every corner of the state. Not just the appellate district as it is now.

Dave_pro2a

I am VERY happy to know, that during such a bad budget crisis the city has unlimited funds to waste on a anti-gun lawsuits.

Dave_pro2a

The attorneys are representing the city for free.

Interesting. Skirts awfully close to allowing a private organization access to the political structure and power of elected officials -- for their own political gain.

And I suspect it still costs the city something, even if it is man hours of a city attorney being a liaison with the free attorneys. Does the city attorney donate his time to coordinate this case, or consult with, with the free attorneys? Doubt it.

Do the politicians donate their time when issuing press releases about this lawsuit? Doubt it.

If some idiotic, liberal lawyers in seattle are donating some otherwise billable hours, that does not mean the lawsuit costs the city nothing. Just a WAG.

Last edited: