• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Exercising Rights Have Great Responsibilities

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Just over this weekend in Seattle alone

Man shot near Seattle Center

Homeowner shot in chest during robbery

60+ rounds fired in four Seattle drive-by shootings

Man shot near Seattle and of course during the Folk Life Festival which had a similar incident a few years ago.
There is really little information thus far but brings to me to my point here, when anyone exercises a right or acts upon something they also include great responsibilities not only to protect themselves and families but others as well that maybe harmed by their actions.

Maybe we will hear more on the issue of this shooting and then the homeowner apparently responding to someone in their home in the middle of the night, wonder if he was armed? or prepared for such an encounter?

retrodad

sudden valley gunner

Would it make you feel better if they'd broken in to steal his home theater inststead? :rolleyes:

....but of course if people had true rights, like the right to decide what to do with their own body or grow in their own house....this wouldn't have happened.

Exercising the right to bear arms has no more responsibility than any other fundamental human right.

People should pay for their stupid actions that harm others.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Would it make you feel better if they'd broken in to steal his home theater inststead? :rolleyes:
Typical type of a response of those supporting it's use the crime is that the home was invaded and homeowner was killed, what he was growing was likely illegal.

....but of course if people had true rights, like the right to decide what to do with their own body or grow in their own house....this wouldn't have happened.
Exercising the right to bear arms has no more responsibility than any other fundamental human right.
People should pay for their stupid actions that harm others.
Just like many criminals they want what others have without working for it, the items they were after is of little concern to me.

Can this have been prevented? likely as it is suggested that many home invasions or robberies are from someone that has been to the home or have intimate knowledge what is there.
Growing, selling or letting others know in this case as having plenty of marijuana on the premises is in many ways like baiting a hook to catch that fish.

When it comes to others harming others as SVG suggest, rarely are the victims ever compensated fully to what they lost do to their actions, so when it comes to rights there are great responsibilities that come with it that you do not harm another unduly.