• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cashman Center

njkennelly

I was wondering if anyone has OC at Cashman Center lately (other than a Gun show) and how it went?

Planning to take the family to the Science & Technology Festival there today and am hoping for a positive response.

Thanks

garand_guy

Big naughty no-no signs out front. From what I've heard on the forum this is likely the scenario: The convention bureau is a public/private partnership (whatever that means). You can't CC (and the signs say no weapons period), but under the law, you can OC. What was suggested to me will happen is they will pull the "private" card and ask you to leave.

Might as well try it. Make sure you can 'educate' the folks (see my link below, he he he) when they most certainly challenge you. I don't know if it's worth potentially being asked to leave with your family there. Maybe call it an exercise in family rights outing.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If you do it, PLEASE get video or at least audio of the encounter. We need the evidence of what they do so that we can fight it OFFICIALLY.

Right now, they continue to get away with doing whatever they want. They pick their "private" or "public" label to be able to trespass you or cite you for violating law, depending on how you are carrying. And they will pick the different label for the next guy, depending on how he is carrying. Once we get evidence of which way they are going, we can force the issue.

CowboyKen

The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Which owns and operates Cashman Center (and Cashman field), is a political subdivision of the State of Nevada. It even has its own police force. As such its buildings fall under the section of the law as "public buildings." They are posted, and therefore, it is against the law to carry concealed there even if you have a valid permit (NRS 202.3673 - a misdemeanor).

As to open carrying, the law does not say anything but I believe that the management of Cashman may invoke the trespass law and remove you from the premises.

Good luck.

Ken

The Big Guy

The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Which owns and operates Cashman Center (and Cashman field), is a political subdivision of the State of Nevada. It even has its own police force. As such its buildings fall under the section of the law as "public buildings." They are posted, and therefore, it is against the law to carry concealed there even if you have a valid permit (NRS 202.3673 - a misdemeanor).

As to open carrying, the law does not say anything but I believe that the management of Cashman may invoke the trespass law and remove you from the premises.

Good luck.

Ken

As a member of the public which owns the building and grounds, you being there on legitimate business, you cannot be trespassed. They will however try. This is crying out for a test case also.

TBG

garand_guy

As a member of the public which owns the building and grounds, you being there on legitimate business, you cannot be trespassed. They will however try. This is crying out for a test case also.

TBG

Okay, everybody drive to Arizona and California and buy lotto tickets for me. When I will, I'll do it! Lol

JoeSparky

Centurion
I know of a person attending this location several years ago during the Bike Fest. The law specifying NO Concealed carry mandates that ALL entrances be posted. Since the side doors were wide open to allow Bike Fest attendees to have access to the in door vendors and not posted in any way he Concealed all day as they were Enforcing NO OPEN CARRY including knives (illegally) to even gain access to the outdoor vendor areas. No metal detectors, no lockers. He did and does have a permit recognized by NV to legally conceal!

And No, I will not identify this person! But, I know it was done!

garand_guy

When you win??? Glad to see you have the same kind of keyboard as I. The type that has the ever changing key button location syndrome.

:lol: Good one!

I know of a person attending this location several years ago during the Bike Fest. The law specifying NO Concealed carry mandates that ALL entrances be posted. Since the side doors were wide open to allow Bike Fest attendees to have access to the in door vendors and not posted in any way he Concealed all day as they were Enforcing NO OPEN CARRY including knives (illegally) to even gain access to the outdoor vendor areas. No metal detectors, no lockers. He did and does have a permit recognized by NV to legally conceal!

And No, I will not identify this person! But, I know it was done!

I read that he didn't do anything wrong. They were not posted as the law requires and illegally disarmed others. He carried legally, at least as I and his attorney would see it. I think the time is soon coming (if it has not yet arrived) that we must as true, patriotic Americans, begin to ignore unconstitutional and unconscionable laws.

JoeSparky

Centurion
:lol: Good one!

I read that he didn't do anything wrong. They were not posted as the law requires and illegally disarmed others. He carried legally, at least as I and his attorney would see it. I think the time is soon coming (if it has not yet arrived) that we must as true, patriotic Americans, begin to ignore unconstitutional and unconscionable laws.

I agree with your assessment and the rational for why that old fat guy did this!

Last edited: