• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canceled My Sam's Club Membership

Freedom1Man

I support what you did for the most part.

The demanding a refund for all purchases was a bit much IMO but that is all it is my opinion.

I am glad that you went to the HQ with your complaint.

__________-
Side topic.

Since corporations exist only with the permission of the state, then the following would not be a property right violation.

Any corporation that prohibits real people from being able to carry the tools used in self defense, should be liable for the safety of the * cough cough* employees while on the clock and traveling to and from the job, and must provide lock boxes for visitors/customers while the aforementioned is visiting plus be liable for any loss/damage of/to the tools while being held.

This would not apply to non-incorporated businesses.

Primus

I support what you did for the most part.

The demanding a refund for all purchases was a bit much IMO but that is all it is my opinion.

I am glad that you went to the HQ with your complaint.

__________-
Side topic.

Since corporations exist only with the permission of the state, then the following would not be a property right violation.

Any corporation that prohibits real people from being able to carry the tools used in self defense, should be liable for the safety of the * cough cough* employees while on the clock and traveling to and from the job, and must provide lock boxes for visitors/customers while the aforementioned is visiting plus be liable for any loss/damage of/to the tools while being held.

This would not apply to non-incorporated businesses.

So the state should mandate the company to do this?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

BigDeeeeeeee

Thanks for taking it up the ladder Decklin, I'd guess you'll be getting an apologetic call from a manager or two.

Wish we had a Sam's Club around here.

Primus

Did I say company? No, learn to read. I said CORPORATION!

Let's start a new thread if you want to continue.

Well a corporation is a form of a company right? Meaning a corporation is always a company but a company isn't always a corporation....

I does do reads most just fine. :D

Not worth a new thread to me. It was your idea not mine. But if you start one I'll meet you there. I'll bring the Jameson you bring the beer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

audiophile

Just to clarify, Walmart stores inc (Wal-Mart, Sam's club, Neighborhood Market, Wal-Mart express and Murphy's Gas stations) all fall under the same weapons policy. Wal-Mart does not allow for associates and managers to possess a firearm on their person while in the clock or performing company duties. I have been a manger with Wal-Mart for almost three years and the firearms policy is that gets spoke about often. I cannot have my firearm on me anytime I am performing work duties whether I am in uniform or not. If I am off that day and just doing then I can which I have both OC and CC in my store. I am also allowed by state law to leave my firearm in my locked vehicle if I choose to do so.
The company's policy id's to follow state law. If it is legal by the state then it is allowed in the store. This is NOT up to manager's discretion.
Do any Sam's employees carry to the best of your knowledge? I have never seen a OC employee, all of them could be CC if they choose it seems.

rightwinglibertarian

Just to clarify, Walmart stores inc (Wal-Mart, Sam's club, Neighborhood Market, Wal-Mart express and Murphy's Gas stations) all fall under the same weapons policy. Wal-Mart does not allow for associates and managers to possess a firearm on their person while in the clock or performing company duties. I have been a manger with Wal-Mart for almost three years and the firearms policy is that gets spoke about often. I cannot have my firearm on me anytime I am performing work duties whether I am in uniform or not. If I am off that day and just doing then I can which I have both OC and CC in my store. I am also allowed by state law to leave my firearm in my locked vehicle if I choose to do so.
The company's policy id's to follow state law. If it is legal by the state then it is allowed in the store. This is NOT up to manager's discretion.

You've stated it's not up to the managers discretion, so it must come from either a state, regional or even national head office. What would it take to change this policy? Are there enough people who would kick up enough of a fuss to make them do so?

audiophile

You've stated it's not up to the managers discretion, so it must come from either a state, regional or even national head office. What would it take to change this policy? Are there enough people who would kick up enough of a fuss to make them do so?
What policy is there to change. The company follows state law. This manager made a decision that was not his to make and I am sure that if the OP receives communication from the Market Manager or home office they will say the same.
The only time it is at our discretion is if the individual was disrupting daily business. Trespassing or asking a member or customer to leave based solely on the fact that they are legally carrying a firearm is not at mgts descretion, I.e. if the OP had gotten loud and caused a scene then management would have the right to have him removed and trespassed for that reason alone.
Whether you agree or disagree with the OP's decision to cancel is his memebership, in the grand scheme of things will it matter? To a few yes, to the company, probably not.
If it made him feel that it righted the wrong the so be it.
As far as policy, he should have been allowed to enter and shop with no harassment or questions being asked.

BTW I have OC'd at my local Sam's club without any issues.

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

What policy is there to change. The company follows state law. This manager made a decision that was not his to make and I am sure that if the OP receives communication from the Market Manager or home office they will say the same.
The only time it is at our discretion is if the individual was disrupting daily business. Trespassing or asking a member or customer to leave based solely on the fact that they are legally carrying a firearm is not at mgts descretion, I.e. if the OP had gottenb loud and caused a scene then management would have the right to have him removed and trespassed for that reason alone.
Whether you agree or disagree with the OP's decision to cancel is his memebership, in the grand scheme of things will it matter, to a few yes, to the company, probably not.
If it made him feel that it righted the wrong the so be it.
As far as policy, he should have been allowed to enter and shop with no harassment or questions being asked.

you misunderstand. I did not mean customers carrying, I mean staff. It was stated this is forbidden and store managers are not allowed to change that policy.

Baked on Grease

I would like to see where that policy exists because I work for sams and scoured the Ethics and Code of Conduct for hours to make sure I had it right... Not one single mention of weapons. Every paper I signed to become an employee I read forwards and back multiple times... Not one single mention of firearms or weapons.

Actions were mentioned many times as prohibited but not inanimate objects.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
............. he has been "infringed", and the anti-gun loon won,temporarily and is now empowered to do the same to next person that happens to carry into his store, and the next, and the next, etc. In short the manager won even though he is not following the policies of the company.

He may think he has won, but............Corporate will cream him for this. It is not negotiable in the World of Walton that State Law be infringed in this manner. The Customer reigns supreme in Wally World.
I think your reaction was adequate Decklin.

rightwinglibertarian

Condition of employment. A at will employee is at the mercy of his employer.

Sure they are legally allowed to. Yet shouldn't the response be similar to that of customers? make every effort with the powers that be to prove the prohibition of carry is dangerous as staff from Jack-in-the-Box have seen. Plus isn't it a lawsuit waiting to happen? Ban carry and it could be proven the place of business was negligent and failed to protect it's staff or allow them to protect themselves.

1912505_737767432962564_445423409404501649_n.jpg

audiophile

I would like to see where that policy exists because I work for sams and scoured the Ethics and Code of Conduct for hours to make sure I had it right... Not one single mention of weapons. Every paper I signed to become an employee I read forwards and back multiple times... Not one single mention of firearms or weapons.

Actions were mentioned many times as prohibited but not inanimate objects.
It is not located in the statement of ethics. Look up the weapons policy.

audiophile

you misunderstand. I did not mean customers carrying, I mean staff. It was stated this is forbidden and store managers are not allowed to change that policy.
I see. I don't think anything we can do would change the companies decision to not allow associates to keep firearms. I wish we could since we sell rifles and ammo. For right now I just follow policy. I could feasibly carry and no one world be the wiser but my job is to valuable at this time.

Freedom1Man

Sure they are legally allowed to. Yet shouldn't the response be similar to that of customers? make every effort with the powers that be to prove the prohibition of carry is dangerous as staff from Jack-in-the-Box have seen. Plus isn't it a lawsuit waiting to happen? Ban carry and it could be proven the place of business was negligent and failed to protect it's staff or allow them to protect themselves.

View attachment 12007

That has been what I've been saying.

FTG-05

Decklin, keep on keepin' on brother, make it happen! :banana:

Baked on Grease: More about Sam's allowing employees to carry, open or not!

And for those of you still shopping at Costco: Shame On You!!! :banghead:

Baked on Grease

Decklin, keep on keepin' on brother, make it happen! :banana:

Baked on Grease: More about Sam's allowing employees to carry, open or not!

And for those of you still shopping at Costco: Shame On You!!! :banghead:
Just rechecked the WIRE (internal company resource system) and there is in fact a No Weapons policy... oddly enough it's dated for January of this year. I scoured that system up and down years ago looking for any mention of weapons to no avail. But at least it only pertains to employees and not customers...

Still, this isnt the same company that Sam Walton dreamed of anymore...

wimwag

The overreaction path works well with WalMart/Sams Club. Raise a big enough stink and usually something will be free. I suspect the OP knows this.