• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another homicide by two OCer's

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC-moto450r

Story and Video here

According to police, officers ordered Soto to surrender and remove his hands from his waistband, because he appeared to be handling a gun. Instead he made "aggressive, furtive movements," the police said. When Soto refused to comply, officers shot and killed him, the police said.

After he was shot, officers did not find a gun on him, according to police.

David Rowlett

Daniel Medrano

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, on the plus side, this was a murder suspect actively resisting lawful arrest. No, seriously this time!

But that first guy made $170,000 last year as a cop. There's something wrong with that.

Last edited:

vegaspassat

Hmmmmm

to bad he could not resist [un]lawful homicide so he could have his day in court.

^^^THIS. I (regretfully) read some of the comments on that video, and they were mostly to the tune of "Good riddance." I mean really, COME ON! That's the thing about rights - EVERYONE HAS THEM!!!

Lostlittlerobot

Well, on the plus side, this was a murder suspect actively resisting lawful arrest. No, seriously this time!

But that first guy made $170,000 last year as a cop. There's something wrong with that.

hey how do you find out numbers like this? i saw a few people post other earnings, tim and dave i think about the officers they encountered. How do I find out what these numbers actually include? Overtime I'm sure, salary, what else?

OC-moto450r

hey how do you find out numbers like this? i saw a few people post other earnings, tim and dave i think about the officers they encountered. How do I find out what these numbers actually include? Overtime I'm sure, salary, what else?

I added the link to their names, in my OP. If you see a blue font in a post, most likely it is a link.

Like Frantic posted, they come from here: http://transparentnevada.com/

Lostlittlerobot

I added the link to their names, in my OP. If you see a blue font in a post, most likely it is a link.

Like Frantic posted, they come from here: http://transparentnevada.com/

Heh I knew blue meant link, but for whatever reason I went from watching the video link, to reading responses and didn't click the officers names. Thanks guys for the timely response =)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The title of this thread is conclusion jumping and ill becomes the forum. Nothing in the links provides any evidence of improper conduct by officers - what happened to reporting facts, not offering slanted opinions/biased?

Do to the prejudicial nature of this thread it is being locked. If anyone wants to reopen the subject, it would be good to do so w/o an agenda being displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.