• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast, Sat. 8/4/12, 9:30 AM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
River City Diner
803 E. Parham Rd.
Richmond, VA, 23227
(804) 266-1500
- Venue Website

img_399478_primary.jpg

To eat or whether to not eat, that is the question.....

scouser

On the other hand, coffee is not an option.

stay safe.

oh I know .... the last 2 Tuesdays that I've taken Logan there for breakfast my coffee and his milk have been on the table before we even get in the door. Now THAT is what I call service.

I miss seeing yall Saturday mornings, but on the other hand I'm loving only having to work a 4 day week even if those 4 days are the weekend. I'm trying to go somewhere with Logan one day every week, I took him to the zoo a couple of Wednesdays ago and he had a great time, except for when one of the tigers walked right under the viewing window while he was standing there. On the way out I took him in the gift shop and he picked up a plush giraffe by its neck and that now lives in his bedroom, & giraffes are now one of his favorite animals. Might catch you at the dinner, but it's too early for me to make plans just yet so I'll hold off on saying we'll be there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
oh I know .... the last 2 Tuesdays that I've taken Logan there for breakfast my coffee and his milk have been on the table before we even get in the door. Now THAT is what I call service.

I miss seeing yall Saturday mornings, but on the other hand I'm loving only having to work a 4 day week even if those 4 days are the weekend. I'm trying to go somewhere with Logan one day every week, I took him to the zoo a couple of Wednesdays ago and he had a great time, except for when one of the tigers walked right under the viewing window while he was standing there. On the way out I took him in the gift shop and he picked up a plush giraffe by its neck and that now lives in his bedroom, & giraffes are now one of his favorite animals. Might catch you at the dinner, but it's too early for me to make plans just yet so I'll hold off on saying we'll be there.

..............For Logan
Click to enlarge image(s)

sidestreet

Logan was a real gentleman at Pino's...,

I'm sure he'd be just fine at Longhorn's too! It won't be long before he can toss the booster, and just plunk right down with the rest of us. ;)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Great group at breakfast. A total of 7 staggered in (time wise) and we keep the conversation stream animated until 11:00 AM

Courtney as always did a great job - even got sidewalk service coffee. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
One thing you missed Grape.

A family consisting of kids from 8 to 12 years old, mom and pop, from NJ and all wearing stupid looking paper hats they got somewhere....walked outside to leave.

The father stepped out in the lot to look at the RCD sign and said to the group.

"River City Diner. Wait till I tell everyone back home everyone was wearing a gun":lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Them (I missed them, I was inside drinking more decaf) and the two bearded fella that went wide around the gruop while saying various things, most of which were just foolishness. I did not respond to the skinnier of the two when he said he wanted to be sure we did not shoot him. My tongue is still sore from biting down on it - I really wanted to say something but was trying to remain socially appropriate.

After deliberation I have decided that the next yahoo that says something like that will be asked quite directly just what they were planning on doing that would require me to shoot them. I'm getting just a mite tired of yahoos that think it is somehow "funny" to suggest that just because we are carrying a gun we are about to shoot someone.

OTOH, I had an encounter later in the day that balanced out the above-mentioned yahoo. Look for it in the Richmond-area OC report.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Them (I missed them, I was inside drinking more decaf) and the two bearded fella that went wide around the gruop while saying various things, most of which were just foolishness. I did not respond to the skinnier of the two when he said he wanted to be sure we did not shoot him. My tongue is still sore from biting down on it - I really wanted to say something but was trying to remain socially appropriate.

After deliberation I have decided that the next yahoo that says something like that will be asked quite directly just what they were planning on doing that would require me to shoot them. I'm getting just a mite tired of yahoos that think it is somehow "funny" to suggest that just because we are carrying a gun we are about to shoot someone.

OTOH, I had an encounter later in the day that balanced out the above-mentioned yahoo. Look for it in the Richmond-area OC report.

stay safe.

The two bearded fellows work for Wes Worsham, so they can't be too bright. We were outside when they pulled up and the skinny one said "I don't know if it's safe to eat here or not...being a smart ass) I said (Being a diplomat) "This is the safest place in town.....unless you're a Democrat". He must have been a Democrat because he skittered through the door.

scouser

I'm sure he'd be just fine at Longhorn's too! It won't be long before he can toss the booster, and just plunk right down with the rest of us. ;)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

I think you're missing the point of the high chairs for him when I take him out. They have straps to keep him in place, I'd be spending all my time chasing after him and never get a chance to eat if he was given a regular chair

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think you're missing the point of the high chairs for him when I take him out. They have straps to keep him in place, I'd be spending all my time chasing after him and never get a chance to eat if he was given a regular chair

When I was a young father, I did what my grandparents told me they did, tied the little one to the chair with a piece of fabric we kept in the travel bag.

Now an entrepreneur has filled this niche with an interesting webbing device - simple really and inexpensive.
Check it out - there may be others. I goggled "child chair strap."
http://www.childharness.ca/wheelchair.html