• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you think open carrying makes you more or less of a target?

SovereignAxe

Professional criminals are the ones who do not get caught, and they don't get caught because they don't go around shooting people, and they avoid people who could ruin their day. Anybody with a double digit IQ can figure that out, unless the two digits are to the right of the decimal point.

This is pretty much what I was saying. You steal a wallet, grab some cash and don't leave any evidence, you disappear. You kill someone during that process and they hunt you down, usuing every piece of evidence possible.

That being said, there are places I wouldn't OC-like those notorious neighborhoods where police don't even go unless they have backup. But I wouldn't be walking around one of those places anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Come on up to Milwaukee troll, i'll take you down to the hood, northside, where 14 year olds would have you for lunch. You OC'ing would be a perfect excuse for them to prove they're a man in front of their friends.....are you really that non experienced?

A few words to the wise: We do not permit insulting and it is definitely not trollish to ask someone to document/cite an outrageous claim.

Insofar as going into the middle of the hood and playing the fool, we are admonished to avoid problems rather than seek them out.

What do you claim is the depth of your experience/knowledge? Reading your collection of posts, I'd say that there is some question regarding those. Is it only your intention to play the agent provoateur?

Packer fan

berettabone, I take it you are speaking from just your feelings. I hate to hurt your feelings, but you don't make logical argument and have nothing to back up your claim. Packerfan and Grapeshot sort of....like....blow your argument out of the water.

There is no evidence that OC makes you MORE of a target than OCing.

Packer fan....I disagree with your last statement. If the criminal is dead...I don't thing they win. :confused:

Here is what I'm saying about the last statement. If we are ever attacked the burden is placed on the victim that he/she needed to use deadly force. In that split second someone will be killed. Even if the criminal was killed now you have to spend money defending your self in court, bankrupting most people; then if found guilty now spending years in prison, bankrupting the rest, thus the criminal has won in the long run. The law resides in the criminal's favor not the law abiding. If the criminal is alive he may or may not be caught and free to and even emboldened to commit more crimes. Some criminals don't expect to live to an old age anyway so what do they have to loose, and it's amazing how many aspiring athletes are out there committing crimes because they were good boys. He didn't need to die...

BTW don't look for the gun community to back you all the time even if you are justified to use deadly force. Many, even here but not all, will sit on their high horse and play Monday night quarter back never having been in a life or death situation and tell you how wrong you were because you didn't follow everything according to an "experts" criteria.

I've come to the mind set that if ever, God forbid, that I had to use deadly force that I'll be spending the rest of my life with Bubba, but as long as I know I did all I can to keep my wife and kids safe I did the right thing.

It' doesn't matter if you OC or CC just be ready to face the consequences of your actions right or wrong.

Dreamer

No "paper work" required - just a simple verifiable cite, not that an OCer was a victim of a crime, but that he/she was preemptively taken out - killed. There has been one found and it was here in VA.

Actually, that victim was not "preemptively taken out". his gun was snatched during a scuffle, and when he tried to chase down the BGs to retrieve it, they shot him with his own gun.

Not the same thing at all...

This was not a "preemptive criminal attack on an OCer"--it was a robbery that turned into a "Dynamic Darwinism Exercise"...

Last edited:

Dreamer

Grapeshit...what's the depth of your experience? Oh, nevermind, I don't really care..............depth.......ha.....look it up in the dictionary. If your looking for depth,by the threads i've read, you won't find it here, including your comments. Shoot em if you got em.......

You, sir are either one of the worst trolls to ever darken the doors of this forum, or you are a Fed Agent Provocateur, sent here to try and perform some sort of cognitive infiltration.

Grapeshot is one of the most knowledgeable, experiences, well-informed, and legally astute members of this forum. Your comments are an egregious personal attack and are intolerable. You are in violation of OCDO Rule 6: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, and have been reported to the moderators.

I hope you have enjoyed your time here, because you will soon be banned if this sort of behavior persists, I am certain...

berettabone

Banned
He's also an egregious attacker himself...of course you would side with him...to you, he sounds like the greatest thing since white bread, although, I have never seen him write any type of the things he asks for ie. depth of experience, proof, documentation etc. I am not a plant, just a normal person, who thought I could glean some valuable info..instead, I was immediately attacked, by these so called "experts", for stating an opinion. I wasted my time. No valuable info here...just a bunch of windbags, who "fight for the cause", kind of like the Occupiers. As for being banned, I've already stated my case on that issue...could care less. This site is kind of like a bunch of old ladies at a card party, bickering, stumbling over each other, seeing who can be the first person to attack someone's opinion. I belong to some other sites, and funny, I have never seen this type of behavior on those sites. Must be the difference between knowledgable people in the firearms world, and a bunch of old cronies, and young punks, spewing out their mythical nonsense. I would suggest, that in the future, and for the future of your site...you quit making these attacks on new members..you would think that you'd want new members on your site, but apparently, opinions from the new are not welcome here, which undermines this site. You have to realize, that opinions are like horseapples, there all over the place...just because you do or don't agree, doesn't mean that the fangs have to come out. Grow up. Through out life, not everyone is going to agree with every one elses opinion. I totally support open carry, never stated that I didn't. For myself, and some others, these attacks get really old. It's funny, how when someone has a differing opinion...right away they think he's some sort of plant...hillarious...paranoia runs rampant.......

WalkingWolf

He's also an egregious attacker himself...of course you would side with him...to you, he sounds like the greatest thing since white bread, although, I have never seen him write any type of the things he asks for ie. depth of experience, proof, documentation etc. I am not a plant, just a normal person, who thought I could glean some valuable info..instead, I was immediately attacked, by these so called "experts", for stating an opinion. I wasted my time. No valuable info here...just a bunch of windbags, who "fight for the cause", kind of like the Occupiers. As for being banned, I've already stated my case on that issue...could care less. This site is kind of like a bunch of old ladies at a card party, bickering, stumbling over each other, seeing who can be the first person to attack someone's opinion. I belong to some other sites, and funny, I have never seen this type of behavior on those sites. Must be the difference between knowledgable people in the firearms world, and a bunch of old cronies, and young punks, spewing out their mythical nonsense. I would suggest, that in the future, and for the future of your site...you quit making these attacks on new members..you would think that you'd want new members on your site, but apparently, opinions from the new are not welcome here, which undermines this site. You have to realize, that opinions are like horseapples, there all over the place...just because you do or don't agree, doesn't mean that the fangs have to come out. Grow up. Through out life, not everyone is going to agree with every one elses opinion. I totally support open carry, never stated that I didn't. For myself, and some others, these attacks get really old. It's funny, how when someone has a differing opinion...right away they think he's some sort of plant...hillarious...paranoia runs rampant.......

I see only one person calling names and acting like a two year old, just because others do not agree with him/her. Just Sayin`

PistolPackingMomma

Awww, you're cute when you're mad! :lol:

All you've done since you joined is insult people. And you clearly don't understand psychology, or the theory of projection and transference.

I predict the ban hammer will be dropped in 1...2...

berettabone

Banned
Bwahahahaha...Berettabone, you are obviously suffering from some projection issues...

What do you call this? That's what I thought.........it's ok for you, but not for others...............get kicked off...oh no!.......before I do, they have female hormonal therapies for people like you....I would say that you're cute when YOUR mad, but you sound like a carpet muncher..so I'll skip it.

tcox4freedom

Awww, you're cute when you're mad! :lol:

All you've done since you joined is insult people. And you clearly don't understand psychology, or the theory of projection and transference.

I predict the ban hammer will be dropped in 1...2...

What do you call this? That's what I thought.........it's ok for you, but not for others...............get kicked off...oh no!.......before I do, they have female hormonal therapies for people like you....I would say that you're cute when YOUR mad, but you sound like a carpet muncher..so I'll skip it.

ban hammer in 3...2...

PistolPackingMomma

Sensitive much? :rolleyes:

WalkingWolf

What's the problem with 'carpet munchers', they are not supposed to have opinions, and self defense rights? Obnoxious and a bigot, who would have guessed? The sooner the hammer comes down the better.

Skip D

What if 50% of the law abiding men and women out there OC'd. The BG's would be scared silly to do that bad thing if there were more than one or two people around.

I agree with this 100%.... Most crime, I'm confident is performed because the BG is reasonably sure he can get away with it, with minimal confrontation. Lots of OCed weapons out there means strong posibility of confrontation/resistance to the BG...

jamieg

Bad guys whether it is a armed robber, burglar, car thief want an easy target. A person with a gun is not a easy target. On the other hand when the caca hits the fan, how many can get to a concealed weapon fast enough to make a difference?

agreed - kind of

it is the people that never train but just think all they have to do is put it in their pocket should not be carrying

if you are going to carry then at least do the world a favor and train how to use it and keep regular training schedules

this is why you never see the military just hand you a gun and put you in the field and say good luck

either take the time to properly train or never carry

as for the being a target thing - i see when i carry my ak 47 bayonet even these drunks that pan handle will leave me alone and a lot use asking for a cigarette or dollar as the get close to you excuse to rob you

when not carrying my bayonet i never get far and it is one pan handle after another