• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to Disarm at IDFG Bowhunter Education Class - Refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I do so appreciate it when someone else waves the rule book. :banana: :lol:

the postings belong to the website owner though sooo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG-VB5xb6KM lol

my favorite rule , #16:

(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

like it came out of the bible....

Last edited:

MKEgal

That is perfect! :lol:
I was picturing that carried over the whole surface, but it certainly gets the point across.
I think it'd be uncomfortable to shoot, though, about like the Gen4 Glocks.

Rangerhalo

Bottom line through all the BS here....Idaho fish and Game DO NOT want loaded firearms in the hunter education classrooms...PERIOD......for obvious reasons...nobody knew this individual...holstered or not its loaded....nobody knew his training, or anything else about him ....it is the obvious right of the instructor in the classroom to ask the man to unlaod the firearm.....as far as me being rude.....well maybe i sense of humor isnt his cup of tea...to each is own....i am no where near anti gun and to assume so is very ignorant on your part......i am as pro gun as any one....i believe we have the right to own and carry....but i also believe in safety and prudence....somebody telling me that they are wearing a loaded firearm for safety in a bowhunter education class...Lame......so save the rhetoric.....the weapon should have not been loaded, and had no reason to even be there......call it strwmans argument...doubt my background....all that other BS you guys do in these forums to protect buddies and what have you.....Handguns should not be loased in classrooms with kids in them...or anyone else for that matter....for OBVIOUS safety reasons....and anyone that doesnt understand that i find disturbing if they carry....my point is made ....im out.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bottom line through all the BS here....Idaho fish and Game DO NOT want loaded firearms in the hunter education classrooms...PERIOD......for obvious reasons...nobody knew this individual...holstered or not its loaded....nobody knew his training, or anything else about him ....it is the obvious right of the instructor in the classroom to ask the man to unlaod the firearm.....as far as me being rude.....well maybe i sense of humor isnt his cup of tea...to each is own....i am no where near anti gun and to assume so is very ignorant on your part......i am as pro gun as any one....i believe we have the right to own and carry....but i also believe in safety and prudence....somebody telling me that they are wearing a loaded firearm for safety in a bowhunter education class...Lame......so save the rhetoric.....the weapon should have not been loaded, and had no reason to even be there......call it strwmans argument...doubt my background....all that other BS you guys do in these forums to protect buddies and what have you.....Handguns should not be loased in classrooms with kids in them...or anyone else for that matter....for OBVIOUS safety reasons....and anyone that doesnt understand that i find disturbing if they carry....my point is made ....im out.

You obviously have not read the other posts in this thread or simply choose to ignore them.

Please cite to statutory authority where you or the Idaho Fish & Game may ban LAC from carrying in this class.

What you would seem to believe is forcing your thinking on others. You may claim to be pro-gun, but your words speak volumes about your anti self-defense position. You have only confirmed our initial negative impression.

SFCRetired

But, bu, b, but he is the "authoritah" and you will "respect his authoritah".

Comparing the OP's post and "Rangerhalo's" posts leads one to attach far more credibility to the OP. All I saw out of this "former LEO" and "combat vet" was, quite literally, the kind of foaming-at-the-mouth rabidness we would expect from a member of the Violence Policy Center. In counterpoint to that, the OP's post was calm, reasonable, and, in my mind, well thought out.

Not from Idaho and don't have a dog in this hunt, but could not resist the comparison. We have similar situations with some of the LEAs down here in Alabama whereas they want to enforce their opinions and ignore the laws.

Keep up the good work and some of y'all from out there in the Wild West come on down to Alabama and partake of some of our Southern Hospitality. Yes, it is very much alive and well.

carracer

Had this been any sort of firearms class I would agree with the no loaded in class rule. In firearms training class handguns are regularly un holstered and handled in many ways.

I have never seen any firearms training or handling of firearms in any archery class I have taken. A properly holstered, legally carried handgun is safe in any environment I can think of.

OC for ME

<blah blah....blather blather....blah blah> .....Handguns should not be loased in classrooms with kids in them...or anyone else for that matter....for OBVIOUS safety reasons....and anyone that doesnt understand that i find disturbing if they carry....my point is made ....im out.
It's for the children!!!! What about the children???? Think of the children!!!!

What is obvious is that you are a CCWer and anti-OC, extremely anti-OC.

CornfedinOhio

For the children's sake, I want all of the adults in a school setting armed. School shooting numbers would be equivalent to police station shootings.
How can a guy that fought for our rights be so hasty to strip them from us?

Tapatalk requires no training for things like spelling, accuracy, clarity, cohesiveness or manners.

Greg30-06

Obviously he doesn't think children need protection from evil criminals that strike when you pray expect it and become complacent. ETA just look at the Florida internet cafe shooting

Last edited:

tricolordad

blah blah blah

I guess its time i replied since im the one being accused. First of all lets set this straight , at no time did i tell this individual he couldnt carry a loaded firearm, i have a CCW....and am ex law enforcement. i am well aware of the laws. This clown decides to exagerate the issues greatly, understandable, you have a very insecure man carrying a loaded firearm to a Bowhunter education class....his reason Protection????!!!! FROM WHAT? What next let his kid carry a nine milli into kindergarten for show and tell? I have waited to post this in accordance with Fish and Game request, since its over and this individual basically made a fool of himself...i can now post. Fish and game do not like loaded weapons in classes for very obvious reasons and if i have to go into that, well you need more education on firearm safety....I at the time had the authority to pull the class because of this individuals silly actions, but i was not going to make 30 other people who wanted to bowhunt suffer through another year as these classes are limited. This kind of individual is the kind that give liberals of all kinds of something to hang on to, its hard enough to keep our firearms and carry much less have to deal with this kind of ignorance....his thought...hey its a hunting class ill go make a statement as if it was a frikking fashion statement. its ok pal....we all understand your small mans syndrome to have to carry a loaded firearm in a classroom to protect yourself. Not only was this dangerous, it put every person in that classroom at risk, nobody knew this guy or his training, in conclusion this was an attempt to defame a volunteer instructor who gives his free time to help others get what they need.....i dont get paid for this, i do it because i want to give back to all the hunting ive enjoyed in Idaho and wish to preserve our right to archery hunt in this state by teaching good hunting ethics safety and survival.....so as i can see it really bothered this clown .....i surely hope the anti gun people dont run into this guy....he would be their poster child as to why we shouldnt be allowed to carry, and if i was one of them i wouldnt blame them, this citizen is a poor example of why we should retain our right....Oh yeah by the way.....i am from California, great place to be from, And i am a combat vet who fought for the right to even be able to respond to this insecure individual.......hey next time maybe you can go to Chuck E Cheese and scare the mouse you just never know what he might pull on you.....unbelieveable. I am not employed by fish and game and this rebuttal is purely my opinion.....I will continue to teach as there was no reprimand, all i was told was next time ask them to leave if they dont shut the class down.....i think that pretty well sums it up....amazing when you hear both sides.

We have a few "ex" cops like you in our town. It's always loud talk, excessive gesturing and ******* in the wind. I don't know about the rest of the open carry population and I'm sure I'm not alone, but I carry to protect my children, the neighbors children, complete strangers children...from rapists and those who can't control their temper.

tricolordad

For the children's sake, I want all of the adults in a school setting armed. School shooting numbers would be equivalent to police station shootings.
How can a guy that fought for our rights be so hasty to strip them from us?

Tapatalk requires no training for things like spelling, accuracy, clarity, cohesiveness or manners.

He fought for HIS rights. Some people join the military so they can play with guns, some join the police force. For this guy, it's about power to the individual. No offense meant to LEO, but...come on...Wal-Mart sells guns. Cheap enough for volunteers. lol

papa bear

Dear RANGERHALO, please for those of us "ignorant posters", what are the "OBVIOUS " safety issues of having a holstered handgun in a class of adults? BTW, what would be dangerous for having one in a class of children?

mwaterous

i believe we have the right to own and carry....but i also believe in safety and prudence....somebody telling me that they are wearing a loaded firearm for safety in a bowhunter education class...Lame......

Man, your punctuation....does it have to be so....frustratingly....far from a proper use of....english?

Where is wearing a loaded firearm actually being used for safety? Only when walking through "the hood"? Maybe you should only load it when you have to take a side trip down an alley way? It's against the law to rob a supermarket, so why should we consider it a matter of safety to wear a sidearm there? Banks should be some of the safest places on the planet, given their purpose, obviously we should never wear our sidearms there. Schools, they're full of people learning and we've never ever seen a need to protect ourselves at one of.....those...of course...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I guess its time i replied since im the one being accused. First of all lets set this straight , at no time did i tell this individual he couldnt carry a loaded firearm, i have a CCW....and am ex law enforcement. i am well aware of the laws. This clown decides to exagerate the issues greatly, understandable, you have a very insecure man carrying a loaded firearm to a Bowhunter education class....his reason Protection????!!!! FROM WHAT? What next let his kid carry a nine milli into kindergarten for show and tell? I have waited to post this in accordance with Fish and Game request, since its over and this individual basically made a fool of himself...i can now post. Fish and game do not like loaded weapons in classes for very obvious reasons and if i have to go into that, well you need more education on firearm safety....I at the time had the authority to pull the class because of this individuals silly actions, but i was not going to make 30 other people who wanted to bowhunt suffer through another year as these classes are limited. This kind of individual is the kind that give liberals of all kinds of something to hang on to, its hard enough to keep our firearms and carry much less have to deal with this kind of ignorance....his thought...hey its a hunting class ill go make a statement as if it was a frikking fashion statement. its ok pal....we all understand your small mans syndrome to have to carry a loaded firearm in a classroom to protect yourself. Not only was this dangerous, it put every person in that classroom at risk, nobody knew this guy or his training, in conclusion this was an attempt to defame a volunteer instructor who gives his free time to help others get what they need.....i dont get paid for this, i do it because i want to give back to all the hunting ive enjoyed in Idaho and wish to preserve our right to archery hunt in this state by teaching good hunting ethics safety and survival.....so as i can see it really bothered this clown .....i surely hope the anti gun people dont run into this guy....he would be their poster child as to why we shouldnt be allowed to carry, and if i was one of them i wouldnt blame them, this citizen is a poor example of why we should retain our right....Oh yeah by the way.....i am from California, great place to be from, And i am a combat vet who fought for the right to even be able to respond to this insecure individual.......hey next time maybe you can go to Chuck E Cheese and scare the mouse you just never know what he might pull on you.....unbelieveable. I am not employed by fish and game and this rebuttal is purely my opinion.....I will continue to teach as there was no reprimand, all i was told was next time ask them to leave if they dont shut the class down.....i think that pretty well sums it up....amazing when you hear both sides.

You are kidding right? Do you have any idea what a right actually is? Do you know how to respond to a statement someone has made in a professional manner? I do not believe you are a former Law Enforcement officer, because if you were surely you would know how to treat people with some sort of respect. Nevermind, you must have been an LEO in California, that would explain a lot. You had the authority to refuse his participation in the class? I don't believe you did, because you can not enforce your opinion over State law. I carry a firearm everyday, and for the same reason as this gentleman and the millions of others, for protection! Do I believe I am the ultimate bad as* like you seem to think? No. Do I believe you never know when danger could be around the corner? Yes. You call the man a "clown" for wanting to always be prepared to protect his self? If I were this young man I would report your inappropriate message to Fish and Game and infrom them of how immature you are, and how rude you are to him and others I am sure. You give Idaho Fish and Game a bad name with your attitude and horrible grammar skills, and you should apologize for your arrogant remark. If you don't like citizens of this country having the right to self defense and the right to carry a firearm like the Founders intended, move back to Cali! Please show some respect the next time you decide to join a conversation.

KYGlockster

Activist Member

No you don't! You absolutely do not believe we have a right to own and carry firearms Sarah Brady, because if you did you wouldn't be making the statements you are making that are so very repugnant to the Constitution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.