• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member in Franktown

cch10000

Charlie

New OC in Franktown and have learned a bunch from reading the 52 pages of info on here, BTW thanks for the info and prior research, I was raised in a gun family and have been shoting since before I could walk I think. Just started OC and only one incident a mild one that thanks to ya'll's info I hope to difuse WOI. I have a short range in my front yard in Franktown 25-50 yds so anyone in the area that wants to shoot let me know. Look forward to meeting ya'll soon.

CH

cch10000

Thanks Rob,,Had seen that of your backyard, maybe we should have backyard frontyard shots.

Glad to be in good 2A company

CH

mobiushky

When we first moved into the area, we thought of Parker as a nice small town that still had some big town appeals. Now I'm starting to think I need to move even further away from Denver so I can set up my own range! LOL! is it sick that I want to choose a house based on being able to shoot my gun?

Welcome CH, I'm pretty new to the site myself. I'm always looking for free, close places to shoot. I don't bring a lot of variety as I only have the one pistol right now, but I'm willing to learn more.

wmodavis

Yup! Welcome to this fine group. Your offer is sure tempting.

cch10000

Thanks for the welcomes, I expected nothing less from what I have seen on most of the forum. Seems like a good bunch of gun and Constitutional rights folks here.

I am retired and shot regularly mostly during the week when the neighbors are at work, its all legal here just tryin to keep some peace with the neighbors, so anytime ya want o burn powder give me a holler.

I have a good variety of firearms if ya want to shot some different stuff. My OC now is a Kel-Tec PMR-30, yes I finally got one and love it.

CH

porterhouse83

Thanks for the welcomes, I expected nothing less from what I have seen on most of the forum. Seems like a good bunch of gun and Constitutional rights folks here.

I am retired and shot regularly mostly during the week when the neighbors are at work, its all legal here just tryin to keep some peace with the neighbors, so anytime ya want o burn powder give me a holler.

I have a good variety of firearms if ya want to shot some different stuff. My OC now is a Kel-Tec PMR-30, yes I finally got one and love it.

CH

Well if Im ever able to take ya up on your offer you will be more than welcome to put some rounds down range with my guns too! :cool:

Keens

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see some new folks in this area who OC! I'm about 20 minutes east of Franktown and I too shoot on my ranch. I have a small pistol range right by the house and a rifle range out on the land. I'm still working on it, but soon it will have a tactical course with moving targets. Hope to see you OC'ing around town! Have you been to Franktown Firearms yet? Nice shop and the owner is a fellow OC'er here on the forums!Keens

cch10000

Hey Keens

Yea I saw you on the forum and was glad to see another OC'er in the area. We'll have to hook up and shot the S|^&*^ or whatever we can shot sometime. Haven't been to Franktown Firearms, afraid I'll see something I can't live without and I am already well armed, lol. If you're goin to any of the M&G's let me know we'll save some gas and carpool.

Good to have a web site like this and even better to finally be part of it.

CH

Keens

Hey Keens Yea I saw you on the forum and was glad to see another OC'er in the area. We'll have to hook up and shot the S|^&*^ or whatever we can shot sometime. Haven't been to Franktown Firearms, afraid I'll see something I can't live without and I am already well armed, lol. If you're goin to any of the M&G's let me know we'll save some gas and carpool.Good to have a web site like this and even better to finally be part of it.CH
CH,Sure we can go shoot sometime! I love to shoot clays off my deck, should see all the broken clays everywhere, even floating in my pond lol. I practice quite a bit with my sidearm out on my range too. I know what you mean about visiting a gun shop and ending up buying something. I visited that shop and walked out with a RIA M5 tactical 12 ga lol. Wasn't planning on buying a gun that day, but I just fell in love with it when I saw it! They are open carry friendly over there. As for the upcoming M&G, I'm not sure yet if I'm going to make it. I will know for sure when the time comes up. I'd like to go to the Springs one since I haven't been to a M&G over there yet. We have a van, so carpooling would be great! I'll let you know if I can make it!Keens

mobiushky

hey CH. What's the deal about shooting in property in Franktown? my wife and I might be looking to move in a couple years, and having a place to shoot would be a great plus.

cch10000

I live in unincorporated Douglas County on more than 10 acres, as long as Community covenants don't forbid , I wouldn't live there BTW, then its all good

I try to not shot a lot when the neighbors are home but thats just a curtesy to them cause we all get along,

Never had the sheriff out even when we shot some big stuff or rapid fire stuff, but I am not the only shotin range in the area either so I think they just ignore the shots fired calls. I'm only 3 miles from the heart of Franktown and Franktown guns

Come on out and join me I love folks to shoot with, always nice to have competition and conversation

CH

mobiushky

I live in unincorporated Douglas County on more than 10 acres, as long as Community covenants don't forbid , I wouldn't live there BTW, then its all good

I try to not shot a lot when the neighbors are home but thats just a curtesy to them cause we all get along,

Never had the sheriff out even when we shot some big stuff or rapid fire stuff, but I am not the only shotin range in the area either so I think they just ignore the shots fired calls. I'm only 3 miles from the heart of Franktown and Franktown guns

Come on out and join me I love folks to shoot with, always nice to have competition and conversation

CH

Not sure how much competition I'd be. Personally I've been out of shooting for 20 years or so. Just getting back into shooting and now shooting a pistol for the first time really. But I'd love to take you up on the offer. I'll send you a pm and we can talk.

ColoradoFlyer

There are many of us just to the west in the great residence of Castle Rock. I want a place to be able to shoot and your offer is incredibly tempting, now to find some time during the week to come out and put a few bullets down range. If there are others out there where we can shoot without trouble please let me know. I know that Elbert County allows it as long as the property is greater than 10 acres. I have no problem cleaning up my brass and I need someplace to try out my new S&W 1911 that is now my primary open carry. Will try to make the M&G in Aurora on the 23rd... Let us know...

Keens

I live out by Elizabeth on 40 acres and I might allow you guys to come out and do some shooting on my ranch. I prefer to get to know you a little bit first before letting folks I don't know come up here. I have a good sized sand pit I usually shoot my handgun in, and I have a 500-600 yard range too for the rifles. I've never measured it, its just my guess. It's actually a deep ravine and I usually go crazy down there with an AR-15. Just send me a PM if you're intrested and we can meet for coffee or something so I can get to know you. I am still working on designing a moving target system with the tons of junk I have out here. For now, I'm going to get some Homer buckets, some sand and wood at Home Depot and make some target stands and set them up in the ravine. Any ideas would be great.

Keens

cch10000

I have short range in Franktown 25-50 yds and welcome any safe shooters during the week to come out and shoot

Keens

Would take you up on some long range stuff in the future if its OK

CH

Keens

Sure you can do some long range shooting! I have a picnic table I've been wanting to take down there and use as a shooting bench. I'll see about making some rifle bags and I've also got some rubber mats laying around somewhere I can attach to the bench to protect the guns.