• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Talking about ammo shortage

Red Dawg

personnaly, I don't think we have a shortage anymore. If you are willing to pay the crazy prices, then you can find ammo fairly quickly. Walmart and less expensive ammo is still harder to find. With the prices still crazy, cheaper ammo is being hoarded still. Just what I've seen. Cheaper than Dirt, ain't, but does have in stock ammo. Some of the others do as well.

eye95

The foreign suppliers are picking up a lot of the slack. We are selling a tremendous amount of Aguilla ammo from Mexico. We sell American Eagle when it is available. I call Aguilla "Mexican Eagle."

Customers report that it feeds and shoots well. It's just a bit dirty.

Gil223

If you are willing to pay the crazy prices, then you can find ammo fairly quickly. Walmart and less expensive ammo is still harder to find. With the prices still crazy, cheaper ammo is being hoarded still.
Oddly, I was in the newest WalMart in Weber County about 2 weeks ago, and the store carries neither shoulder-arms, nor ammo. Has anybody else noticed this in their local WalMarts? The three older ones within a 10 mile radius have both, it's just the new one that has a black hole in their sporting goods department.

Other than that, in my area ammo price gouging continues unabated, with one or two exceptions out of a dozen or more gun stores. I picked up a box of 50 Tul 9mm in a new store owned by a youngster (mid-to-late 20s) for <$20. Yes, it is steel cased, FMJ and a bit dirty, but it's practice ammo - and my Glocks will eat anything. Popular "name brands" of 50 count 9mmJHP seem to be averaging about $32 per 50 locally. :( Pax...

bunnspecial

The local Cabelas yesterday had a surprisingly good selection of 9mm yesterday...with PMC Bronze at $21/50 and American Eagle at $42/100.

I consider those price high compared to pre-panic prices, but none the less are some of the best retail prices I've seen since the panic started.

b0neZ

The foreign suppliers are picking up a lot of the slack. We are selling a tremendous amount of Aguilla ammo from Mexico. We sell American Eagle when it is available. I call Aguilla "Mexican Eagle."

Customers report that it feeds and shoots well. It's just a bit dirty.

One place I was ammo hunting in recently only had one brand of. 45 ACP FMJ on the shelf: American Eagle. Price was $27.99/50 rnds.

Thanks for the Aguilla tip. I'll keep an eye out for some.

mpguy

One place I was ammo hunting in recently only had one brand of. 45 ACP FMJ on the shelf: American Eagle. Price was $27.99/50 rnds.

Thanks for the Aguilla tip. I'll keep an eye out for some.

I'll second notion for Aguilla. Shoot it all the time with NP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2