• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Police Called. The way it should be done

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK. This is getting weird. The Delavan PD has no record of a call.

The only thing I can think of is that someone called 911 (Walworth County Dispatcher), they called Starbucks and then didn't even Delavan.

I am following up.

protias

OK. This is getting weird. The Delavan PD has no record of a call.

The only thing I can think of is that someone called 911 (Walworth County Dispatcher), they called Starbucks and then didn't even Delavan.

I am following up.
That call should still be logged. Keep it up Paul!

littlewolf

What is an example of Jeri Bonavia telling a lie, Sx40?

Start with her statement to the Milw. Journal-Sentinel Apr 16 2008 .She claims Wisconsin background checks are more or less favor criminals,making it easy for them and undocumented gun sales. She makes it sound like if your a felon or domestic violence offender you just tell the clerk at Joe's guns and he'll forgo the paperwork,what a crock and Oh ya those of us who stand for our rights are not regular gun owners but " EXTREAMISTS "

5 minutes ago I didn't know who Jeri Bonavia was,I found out in 30 seconds with a simple google search!

HankT

State Researcher
HankT said:
What is an example of Jeri Bonavia telling a lie, Sx40?

Start with her statement to the Milw. Journal-Sentinel Apr 16 2008 .She claims Wisconsin background checks are more or less favor criminals,making it easy for them and undocumented gun sales. She makes it sound like if your a felon or domestic violence offender you just tell the clerk at Joe's guns and he'll forgo the paperwork,what a crock and Oh ya those of us who stand for our rights are not regular gun owners but " EXTREAMISTS "

Well, I've already asked Sx40, so now, considering your response, LW, I'll ask you too.

What is an example of Geri Bonavia telling a lie?

Specifically, LW, which of her words are "a lie" in your opinion?

paul@paul-fisher.com

How about we leave this topic on topic?

Anyhow, with much back and forth, Delavan PD didn't open an incident so there were no case files. However, they are going to get me all the phone traffic, the incoming call, their call to Starbucks. They said it could take up to a week so I'll let y'all know.

protias

Anyhow, with much back and forth, Delavan PD didn't open an incident so there were no case files. However, they are going to get me all the phone traffic, the incoming call, their call to Starbucks. They said it could take up to a week so I'll let y'all know.

Make it a calendar event so you (or rather, they) don't forget! :D

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Yes, put HankT in your 'ignore list' as he/she is among the most successful distuptor-trolls on OCDO.

On topic: Does that, "... no case files. However ... phone traffic ...", mean that your FOIA/Open Records request was interpreted by them to their advantage, self-servingly, or was it a too precise request?

paul@paul-fisher.com

On topic: Does that, "... no case files. However ... phone traffic ...", mean that your FOIA/Open Records request was interpreted by them to their advantage, self-servingly, or was it a too precise request?

I can only ASSuME that I was too precise. To be technical, their stupid form was too precise. It was only after they said they had no cases and I further explained what I heard that they said they could research all their taped calls. Once that was figured out, they said they could get me the data.

I am also working with them on updating their open records procedures to bring them into compliance with actual state law.

HankT

State Researcher
Yes, put HankT in your 'ignore list' as he/she is among the most successful distuptor-trolls on OCDO.

Time will tell, Doug. Time will tell. The one thing we know is that Delavan PD handled the situation quite well. That's a good sign for Wisconsin OCers.

BTW, congrats on recently getting to 9000 posts for your Doug Huffman account. Add the 2385 posts on your second OCDO account (Master Doug Huffman) and you are clearly on path toward the big 12000 post level. That kind of output must be appreciated.

Good luck on 12000, Dougs, the most prolific poster in OCDO history . . .

bigdaddy1

While this is a good start, the way I feel it should have been done is this;

Alarmed citizen; Police? there are a bunch of guys at the starbucks with guns
Police dispatcher; What are they doing? Where are the guns?
Alarmed citizen; Drinking coffee, and the guns are all in their holsters
Police dispatcher; The open carry of firearms is fully legal in Wisconsin, so unless they are doing something illegal they are with in the law, are they doing anything illegal?
Alarmed citizen; No, not that I can see.
Police dispatcher; thank you for your call, but they are doing nothing wrong. *click*

Not that this is too likely to happen, but this is how I think it should go.

paul@paul-fisher.com

While this is a good start, the way I feel it should have been done is this;

Alarmed citizen; Police? there are a bunch of guys at the starbucks with guns
Police dispatcher; What are they doing? Where are the guns?
Alarmed citizen; Drinking coffee, and the guns are all in their holsters
Police dispatcher; The open carry of firearms is fully legal in Wisconsin, so unless they are doing something illegal they are with in the law, are they doing anything illegal?
Alarmed citizen; No, not that I can see.
Police dispatcher; thank you for your call, but they are doing nothing wrong. *click*

Not that this is too likely to happen, but this is how I think it should go.

We shall see in about a week!

HankT

State Researcher
Please go look at her site.

Thanks,AS, but can you point to a specific statement by Jeri Bonavia that you contend is a lie?

Just one?

As an example.

To support your contention . . .

Springfielddx40 said:
Jeri Bonavia is a liar.What is an example of Jeri Bonavia telling a lie, Sx40?

littlewolf said:
Start with her statement to the Milw. Journal-Sentinel Apr 16 2008 .She claims Wisconsin background checks are more or less . . .

Sx40 and LW both seem to claim that Bonavia is "a liar." And AS seems to be joining them in their opinion.

But can any of you specify "a lie" that she is responsible for?

Seems to me that if you call someone "a liar" that you'd back it up. Not that hard to do, really . . .