• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good reason to open carry in North Las Vegas.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I was researching something in the NLV muni code, and thought I would visit one of our "most talked about" ordinances, but it was this one that caught my eye.

9.32.050 - Person with concealed weapon not to loiter.

It is unlawful for any person, while carrying concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon, to loaf or loiter upon any public street, sidewalk or alley, or to wander about from place to place with no lawful business thereby to perform, or to hide, lurk, or loiter upon or about the premises of another. It is unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon to loiter about any place where intoxicating liquors are sold or any other place of public resort.

(Prior code § 7.22.050)

Since it says nothing about OC, it stands to reason that you "must" in order to be legal, uncover in public if you don't want to "State your business"

Sabotage70

I was researching something in the NLV muni code, and thought I would visit one of our "most talked about" ordinances, but it was this one that caught my eye.

9.32.050 - Person with concealed weapon not to loiter.

It is unlawful for any person, while carrying concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon, to loaf or loiter upon any public street, sidewalk or alley, or to wander about from place to place with no lawful business thereby to perform, or to hide, lurk, or loiter upon or about the premises of another. It is unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon to loiter about any place where intoxicating liquors are sold or any other place of public resort.

(Prior code § 7.22.050)

Since it says nothing about OC, it stands to reason that you "must" in order to be legal, uncover in public if you don't want to "State your business"

Nice find.