• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot

2a4all

Medical spokesperson stated she is out of surgery and was following commands before she went under. He stated the bullet when through her head "through and through". Because of forensics he wouldn't elaborate on if it was front to back or side to side.She is in critical conditions and they are optimistic.

Also a Fed. judge is dead and a 9 year old girl. This is just one hospital that had 10 people come in out of 19.

Hopefully, this idiot shooter didn't use HP rounds.

Taz

Not much comming out in the National media guys. You guys keep us up to date on the local stuff OK? Judge involved in something that would be a target of a lunatic? Such a shame. Understand she was firearm friendly. Condolences to the victims and thier families.:(

Sonora Rebel

CNN reports that the gun used was a Glock 9mm.

KOLD reported that it was a 9mm with a barrel extension (Silencer?) but 'all' guns are Glocks according to the media.

Attachments

• journalist_guns_2[1].jpg
    journalist_guns_2[1].jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 164

Stretch

The link I provided did state that a citizen shot the attacker. That link I provided has since changed as has the situation, obviously.

xmanhockey7

KOLD reported that it was a 9mm with a barrel extension (Silencer?) but 'all' guns are Glocks according to the media.

I think it's time to ban glocks it seems to be what is always used in crimes. Heck a police officer once left his "glock service revolver" at a park according to an article I read one time.

kubel

::wonders what a glock revolver would look like::

Anyway, this is tragic. I hope it's true that an armed citizen shot the suspect, but it seems that story was not entirely accurate. The man probably shot until he was out of ammo because no one nearby was armed to take him out. And now innocent blood was shed.

carracer

One of the reports I read said a US Marshal was also shot. If true wonder if he was the first target as he was carrying or just unlucky enough to get put out of commission, unable to return fire? Just a horrible thing to happen to anyone.

Sonora Rebel

Ok... the shooter's gun had an extended magazine, not a 'barrel extension' as first reported. People don't know what they're writing... or nomenclature. He may have had a Glock 30 round stick. (I own a pair of 'em). This guy was a nut. I can't discern any political bent... but from his screed... he's a total moonbat.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
::wonders what a glock revolver would look like::

Square cylinder, striker-fired, tupperware frame, tenifer coating, trigger dingus. Prone to kaBooms in certain calibers until the bugs are worked out--be especially careful of the .45 Long Glock. :D

(Nothing personal against Glocks, actually. They just don't fit my hand. If they did, I would probably own one based on cost and reliability.)

MK

Armed citizen reported to have stopped the gunman.

Actually, one of the bystanders who tackled and held the shooter had said on CNN that he was armed but that he had never brandished his weapon.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anyway, this is tragic. I hope it's true that an armed citizen shot the suspect, but it seems that story was not entirely accurate. The man probably shot until he was out of ammo because no one nearby was armed to take him out. And now innocent blood was shed.

Apparently a LAC was the initial responder. That he choose to not use deadly force is a testament to his decision in light of all circumstances and his response was effective. Would like to see this gentleman recognized for his fast thinking response with the acknowledgment that he was carrying legally - pointing out that the difference between himself and the other is not his tools but his ACTIONS. Good man.

Watch interview with LAC:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/01/08/exp.az.zamudio.witness.cnn?hpt=T1

UglyGun

what I get is a bunch of video, which one has a reporter saying that the guy who stopped the shooter was an armed citizen?

Look at Grapeshot's link above. The video is titled: Gunman "ready for war".

Many of the 3rd party accounts are inaccurate. The video above is right from the horse's mouth.

Things would have turned out very differently had a brave woman (Patricia Maisch) not wrestled the shooters magazine away while he was attempting a reload.

It should also be noted that Mr Zamudio(armed citizen) was willing to put his @ss on the line for his fellow man. Meanwhile, another person at the scene decided to make the tactical decision to 'play dead' and to let that crazy f_ _ _ decide his fate for him.

Take your pick: Gun Owner or Victim

Last edited: