• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone having issues open carrying after the event at Arizona?

strife1013

Hello all

Just as I feared because of the events that unfolded in Arizona the gov't is once again trying to take our rights away. As if criminals follow the law, well anyways I know there are some avid open carry fans here and I was wondering if anyone has run into any issues while doing so after the events that just took place. I have yet to open carry but I'll be damned if my rights are violated because of some nut. Just interested in what people have to say and or experienced.

Be safe everyone, and exercise your freedoms
God Bless

ZackL

I haven't carried in the last week as I threw my back out and haven't left the house except to go to the doctor. However, I likely will be carrying either tomorrow or Saturday and I will report back. I don't think there will be too many issues, even though we are in such close proximity to Arizona, and I agree with Since9 that it is really just more of a reason to be armed so that you are able to defend yourself and your loved ones.

mahkagari

Just as I feared because of the events that unfolded in Arizona the gov't is once again trying to take our rights away.

What's happening? I've only seen reports of the stark LACK of capitalizing on the shooting by gun-grabbers. Most of the fallout has been against vitriol in political discourse. There was one AZ rep being a schmuck, but I haven't seen any "government trying to take our rights away" more than usual. Has there been more movement that I'm missing?

lockman

State Researcher
No, But my issue would be the lack of people OC'ing, considering AZ is constitutional carry state. A Right Unexercised may be a Right Lost because you're no longer around because of your failure to exercise it.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Followning the events in AZ, I've noticed that people seem to be a little more leery of my open carrying. However, that's simply more of an opportunity to tell people I carry because there are some folks out there who intend other people harm, and it only makes sense to be prepared.