• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Ms Get together

Daylen

I don't know, soon as the permit comes in (around the 23rd) I'm going to have my IWB holster on, uncovered, and make a point for a cop to notice me, just to gauge reaction, because hey, that's the "partially concealed" portion of the law if I ever saw it defined..

I think you are possibly onto what the law was intended to regulate with "or in part" as opposed to regularly openly holstered firearms.

MSRebel54

I think you are possibly onto what the law was intended to regulate with "or in part" as opposed to regularly openly holstered firearms.

Correct. But when 45-9-101 was enacted, it effectively gave us a way around the "or in part". It'll cost you $127, some fingerprints, and a background check, but it IS a way around it. Not all LEO's know this however, so you still need to be careful.

Daylen

Correct. But when 45-9-101 was enacted, it effectively gave us a way around the "or in part". It'll cost you $127, some fingerprints, and a background check, but it IS a way around it. Not all LEO's know this however, so you still need to be careful.

Bolded:As in all things. I couldn't agree more.

mjd1978

August in Oxford sounds good to me guys. I will let someone who knows more about Oxford pick the location. I'm always up for a good meal! lol

MSRebel54

August in Oxford sounds good to me guys. I will let someone who knows more about Oxford pick the location. I'm always up for a good meal! lol

I'm thinking like Huddle House, not too fancy, not too McDonaldISH. I mean we could go fancier like Applebees or even fancier than that, but I'm just a good ole boy I don't need all that fancy stuff. I mean it's just a meal and a get together, we don't need to alert the nation. A good conversation, a good meal, meeting each other, for a common cause.

What do ya'll think?

MSRebel54

Dang! It looks like we might have 8-15 people here before it's done! I didn't realize ya'll were so passionate about this. We're going to have an amazing sit down in Oxford. And I assure you, it'll all be good.

Daylen

I hope it goes well for you guys. Depending on a few personal things I might try to come as well.

Last edited:

Chap

Any where is fine with me

I love Huddle House or Waffle House. Fast an inexpensive, but I'm up for what ever gets decided.

I'll be the one eating Waffle, two eggs over easy, bacon, Large orange juice and never ending coffee.

Chap

MSRebel54

I love Huddle House or Waffle House. Fast an inexpensive, but I'm up for what ever gets decided.

I'll be the one eating Waffle, two eggs over easy, bacon, Large orange juice and never ending coffee.

Chap

Well, they have a varied menu. You can even get a steak if you like. All sorts of good stuff. And as you said, never ending coffee!

10-79

I'd love to go to waffle house, because nothing says "I'm a badass" like being able to smoke a cigarette publicly, while drinking black coffee and carrying! :banana:

MSRebel54

I'd love to go to waffle house, because nothing says "I'm a badass" like being able to smoke a cigarette publicly, while drinking black coffee and carrying! :banana:

Uhh...err...hate to bust your bubble, but there won't be any smoking. Unless you move at least 25ft away from the entrance to the building. Sorry, man, I don't make the rules, don't shoot the messenger:)

mjd1978

Dang! It looks like we might have 8-15 people here before it's done! I didn't realize ya'll were so passionate about this. We're going to have an amazing sit down in Oxford. And I assure you, it'll all be good.

Yeah, I figured it would be just a couple. I'm looking forward to this!

MSRebel54

Oh yeah I forgot. Just for everyone's reference, Huddle House is located at 1925 West Jackson Avenue, right at the intersection of Jackson and Heritage Drive. There's a traffic light there, ya can't miss it!

MSRebel54

I'm leaving the forum now until July 29th. We'll get together in August sometime. It seems I'm dominating the forum now, and I don't want to do that, so I'm going to go away for a while. I hope ya'll gather ALL your friends, and we have 15 or 20 in Oxford in August, that would be awesome. It would be an Open Carry event for sure.

Ya'll take care now, ya hear.

thearmysredneck

Though huddle house sounds good but since you can smoke in oxford how about firehouse subs mine here in southaven not only has some Damn good grub but is also oc friendly