• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National OC rally?

TyGuy

Is there any talk of any sort of national OC rally? I could think of a few options:

1) Meet somewhere near Washington DC, where we could OC.
2) Have several locations throughout the US, but all meet up on the same day. Perhaps every state capitol at 11am CST on June 1st 2012.

I think getting more people out to OC and to normalize it might help the cause. Thoughts?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yes, we should rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and all over the DC mall with our loaded holstered pistols. Oh wait...dang it...no freedom there?!?! Maybe Virginia or coordinated rallies across the country in the state capitals like you suggested. This is probably the best option as it would minimize travel.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Is there any talk of any sort of national OC rally? ....

Thoughts?

Oh, jeeze, not this again!
Facepalm.jpg

Was it just last year, or was it 2 years ago? And how did it turn out? Pretty much
facepalm.gif

The search feature should be used. Please!

stay safe.

TyGuy

What, the rally in Virginia didn't go well? I don't remember anything negative happening.

TyGuy

Also, if you are speaking of the April 19th 2010 rally that was to protest Obama and Obamacare. I am speaking of a rally ONLY to support 2A rights, and to make the public in every state, aware of what the CC and OC laws are.

If you are speaking of another rally that went poorly please inform me.

TyGuy

Seiously though, perhaps one of the facepalmers above could enlighten me as to why this is such a bad idea?

TyGuy

I guess we should just give up then. I'm sure the Logistics of DDay, the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, and anything monumental and important were easy to take care of. We should only do things that are easy? Then why even fight for the 2A? It's easier to just roll over and give up.

Nevermind my suggestion.

Lurchiron

I guess we should just give up then. I'm sure the Logistics of DDay, the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, and anything monumental and important were easy to take care of. We should only do things that are easy? Then why even fight for the 2A? It's easier to just roll over and give up.

Nevermind my suggestion.

Ok then...I guess you earned the right to take point on this; grab it & run with it, best of luck.
View attachment 6221 :arrow:

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I'm in.

If we do it on a Monday-Thursday.

And it's not too hot.

My sidearm keeps pulling my Speedo down to my knees. Does anyone else have that problem?