• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ISO Public range in Pittsburgh

Steeler-gal

Does anyone know of any public ranges for pistols (at least) in Pittsburgh?
Really interested to know if there are any near Murrysville area.
When I Google I keep finding private clubs.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

Sig229

There's Anthony Arms in West Mifflin, but the guys who work there are really rude and the range fees are insanely high.
I went to Anthony Arms once and that was the last time. I dont care if I have to drive 30 miles to go to another gun shop.

Im new to Pittsburgh and I really dont know of anywhere else that's public.

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

Sig229

Thanks! So bizarre that we need a range permit in addition to my CHP permit.

It is bizarre but typical in Pennsylvania. It seems like they try and squeeze every dollar they can out of people.
Another example is recently in Pittsburgh they made the parking meters 25 cents for only 5 minutes of parking time. Instead of the normal 30 minutes for one quarter.

So in order to park somewhere and actually get something done, you would need 3-4 dollars worth of quarters in your damn pocket. And who the hell walks around with 12 to 16 quarters in their pocket?

Im still kinda new to Pittsburgh, but the longer I live here the more frustrated I get at the rampant stupidity.

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

It is bizarre but typical in Pennsylvania. It seems like they try and squeeze every dollar they can out of people.
Another example is recently in Pittsburgh they made the parking meters 25 cents for only 5 minutes of parking time. Instead of the normal 30 minutes for one quarter.

So in order to park somewhere and actually get something done, you would need 3-4 dollars worth of quarters in your damn pocket. And who the hell walks around with 12 to 16 quarters in their pocket?

Im still kinda new to Pittsburgh, but the longer I live here the more frustrated I get at the rampant stupidity.

Ha ha. I live near DC now and most of our meters are like that. At least now though they've upgraded to using electronic machines that you can use you credit/debit card.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/