• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm from Las Vegas

Lostlittlerobot

Thanks for all the info. I'll probably be CC mostly during the trip cause I'll be with family and for whatever reason, they're not fond of OC. I now know what I need to to enjoy my trip.

The big thing was to notify if LEO encountered. That was huge help.

Thanks all, I'll be there in a month or so =). Small towns...doubt any of this will matter at all, but here - my family is FREAKING out that I want to travel with a firearm...they keep saying 9/11 wont let you....

Lostlittlerobot

9/11 doesnt have anything to do with it.

I'd be freaking out if I traveled without it.

I agree - my family hates me for it. Told them I'm not gonna do a home comming trip if I don't know that I can be safe during it.

They asked why I feel that I need to worry about it all the time. Thoughts? They're also all from MI. We moved here to Vegas in the 90's. Everyone most dear to me is from Michigan, and I want to keep us/them safe. The way I know how is to carry a simple tool that allows it. I plan to see cousins and aunts and extended family while there. It's all about family to me. How do I get that across to the nay sayers?

Scott

stainless1911

Banned
You dont think about your wallet all day, just when you need it, and its there. Same with your seatbelt. You hope you dont need your seatbelt today, but you are going to put it on in case you do.

Michigan has 2 of the top 10 most dangerous cities in the US according to the FBI, Saginaw and Flint. Betcha thought it was Detroit right? ;)

Ask them how you would be able to show your face to your loved ones if you could have done something to save one of them, but didnt want to offend someone.

Lostlittlerobot

You dont think about your wallet all day, just when you need it, and its there. Same with your seatbelt. You hope you dont need your seatbelt today, but you are going to put it on in case you do.

Michigan has 2 of the top 10 most dangerous cities in the US according to the FBI, Saginaw and Flint. Betcha thought it was Detroit right? ;)

Ask them how you would be able to show your face to your loved ones if you could have done something to save one of them, but didnt want to offend someone.

Now I'm dating myself....but i already showed you my tag is older than yours......hah

Las Vegas was forbes 4th.

memphis, Miami, detroit sadly was there in top 3...i know vegas was 4th though...So I have 3 more than you! heh. I know that thing youre talking about. Vegas has a few in the top ten. I'm not in the mood tonight to top you. Vegas Vs MI. I'm from small town MI. I don't care who has the best kill streak! I know....of anyone! **** - happens - everywhere. You want personal accounts, come talk to me.

I'm not here to measure......

You want me to shower you with every violent crime here? it'll make us all depressed....! That's not what this forum is about

I want to carry to avoid that.

If in a few months you all see that I was killed with myth my own weapon - then that will spur a much greater debate. So far that carrying past several years I've not been killed. Don't plan on it either.

Last edited:

Lostlittlerobot

Good plan. You should stick with that one.

I will! since you've so far been a huge encomberance! Thanks dude!

More thanks to the rest of you, i sent you several private messages, but this guy......i dont' know if you think he's just a comedic god or something....but to me he comes across as a jerk. He already admitted he hit me with something he thought i was somebody else.....deleted those posts.......then didnt delete the ones i defended myself against.... I don't get it at all! Sorry, I seem to lack that sense of humor. Everyone else on this forum, and everyone else on the internet - has treated me respectfully. They encourage my travel. This dude.....stainless...he's a jerk. he's sardonic and bitter and annoying. How have you let him be a part of your community?

Raggs

More thanks to the rest of you, i sent you several private messages, but this guy......i dont' know if you think he's just a comedic god or something....but to me he comes across as a jerk. He already admitted he hit me with something he thought i was somebody else.....deleted those posts.......then didnt delete the ones i defended myself against.... I don't get it at all! Sorry, I seem to lack that sense of humor. Everyone else on this forum, and everyone else on the internet - has treated me respectfully. They encourage my travel. This dude.....stainless...he's a jerk. he's sardonic and bitter and annoying. How have you let him be a part of your community?

well said

stainless1911

Banned
What we have here, is a classic example of projection.

I have tried only to be of some assistance to you, and I made a crack based on your screen name and your question. I get that here as well. you don't have to be a jerk.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

You are very perceptive; darn good question. We're all thinking it has to do with the number of page views and how it drives advertising revenues. Drama is always good for a crowd.

DetroitBiker

Or maybe its because I put my money where my mouth is. My dedication to open carry has been proven through action.

2evcilu.jpg

:p

Ezerharden

Or maybe its because I put my money where my mouth is. My dedication to open carry has been proven through action.

Yea all those lawsuits you talk about. Oh that's right you talk about how OTHER people should file these lawsuits, not yourself personally.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member

Anyone in possession of such pics would be immediately blinded and unable to use the forum. :)

As for the underlying question behind the jibe, we work very hard to not ban people so long as they obey the rules even if they espouse unpopular opinions.

If you think about it, I believe you will agree that is the best way to keep a vibrant and open community.

John