• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VIDEO 2009 - Deputy Cox threatens to shoot concealed carrier for accidental exposure

77zach

I can't even bring myself to watch the video. Not because of the pig, but because so few fellow citizens could give a crap. I fear we'll never get OC here. It doesn't matter if they start executing CCers. Why do people hate freedom? Whether it's guns or economics or any other topic people don't care or even have the CAPACITY to care. Maybe if we could abolish tax funded education we'd have a shot. Otherwise, checkmate. Problem is there is nowhere to go.

In Charlie Dean's district. How appropriate. Somebody should show that sack of fat this vid. Not that he'll care.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Obviously the citizen lacks the proper awe for law-enfarcement personnel; life in prison, confiscation of his property, and his wife sold into slavery are the needful punishments here. /sarcasm

77zach

2009 was a long time ago. Anything happen since?

The situation has worsened. The legislature "fixed" it in 2011 saying you can "briefly" display a handgun. CCers continue to be harassed, meanwhile the legislature doesn't care that our rights are violated and they think they've fixed the problem. We have a pro OC governor who will be probably voted out in 2014. I think a pro OC gov in Fl is going to be a fluke so we have this year and next. There is a lawsuit because there is no right to bear arms in florida, only a privilege to carry concealed. Fl courts don't care, even though the state constitution says there is a right.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
2009 was a long time ago. Anything happen since?

A YouTube commenter from FL writes that the charges were dismissed in court.

A date on the video would be nice; sometimes you can find court information on-line. But, I don't wanta look through all of 2009's Citrus County docket for small charges.

notalawyer

A YouTube commenter from FL writes that the charges were dismissed in court.

A date on the video would be nice; sometimes you can find court information on-line. But, I don't wanta look through all of 2009's Citrus County docket for small charges.

State Attorney refused to pursue charges, according to StoogieC (Sean Caranna).

Perhaps because no law was violated? :confused:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The only thing that surprised me about this is that they didn't actually shoot... Those bastards shot at me so much I got used to it... Fortunately, they can't hit a flock of low flying barns.

Dawsy will get elected in Citrus until he dies. The vote is whatever he says it is. Dean and Dawsy's meth biz makes too much money.

shastadude17

The only thing that surprised me about this is that they didn't actually shoot... Those bastards shot at me so much I got used to it...

Dafuq are you talking about? LEO's have shot at you on more than one occasion? Doesn't pass the smell test, dude.

notalawyer

Dafuq are you talking about? LEO's have shot at you on more than one occasion? Doesn't pass the smell test, dude.

In past threads he's stated that he's been shot at several times by LEOs, arrested, plus being Baker 'Acted' a few times and kicked out of his apartment and had his crap piled up at the street for 'nothing', plus a bunch of other stuff. :shocker:

Just my opinion, but this is all highly dubious and I'm not sure he is mentally stable. :rolleyes:

shastadude17

In past threads he's stated that he's been shot at several times by LEOs, arrested, plus being Baker 'Acted' a few times and kicked out of his apartment and had his crap piled up at the street for 'nothing', plus a bunch of other stuff.

Rarely do I ever hear of a LEO shooting that ended up being a "Oops sorry our mistake, can I buy you a coffee?"

Nothing against people who have been Baker Acted, because it's a great intervention tool that saves lives, but it sounds like this guy might have some issues.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Tehe!

Citrus is well-known for its meth-dealing Sheriff. When they shoot at you for knowing about it and it goes badly for them, they clean up their own mess.

You don't have to like it or believe it for it to be true. I left the country (and am back briefly) for a long list of reasons, this is just one of them.

Mocking people for being in a fight you haven't had to experience, yet, is a major reason why the nation is going to the commies. Nobody sticks together and calls names instead. It's your loss...

davidmcbeth

Banned
More to come on this soon. See 42 USC § 1983

Title 42 U.S.C. § 1983 is not a source of substantive rights but a vehicle for vindicating rights conferred by the U.S. Constitution or by federal statute Baker v. McCollan, 443 U.S. 137, 145 n. 3, 99 S.Ct. 2689, 61 L.Ed.2d 433 (1979).

This may also have some non-1983 causes of action too

77zach

Utah Vs Florida (Sheriff Associations)

The following letter was sent to the Obama regime by the Utah Sheriff Association. I marvel when considering that the Fl sheriff association actively opposes the Bill of Rights, especially the right to bear arms.

The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Obama:

We, the elected sheriffs of Utah, like so many of our fellow Americans, are literally heartbroken for the loved ones of the murdered victims in Connecticut. As Utahans, we are not strangers to this kind of carnage—one of the latest being the 2007 Trolley Square murders wherein nine innocents were gunned down—five losing their lives . . .

We also recognize the scores of other recent domestic massacres, which have decimated countless honorable lives. As Americans, we value the sanctity of life. Furthermore, similar to our inspired Founders, we acknowledge our subservience to a higher power.

With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else, we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.

As your administration and Congress continue to grapple with the complex issue of firearm regulations, we pray that the Almighty will guide the People’s Representatives collectively. For that reason, it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders. As you deliberate, please remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.

We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights—in particular Amendment II—has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

The Utah Sheriffs’ Association

(signed by 29 members)

77zach

Is this deputy still employed?

Probably promoted. I'd say deputy Cox has what it takes to be a big city police chief.

Not even joking: this guy is that excitable??? I do not feel safe knowing he has a badge and a gun. We need some common sense laws to get a guy like this off our streets.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Probably promoted. I'd say deputy Cox has what it takes to be a big city police chief.

Not even joking: this guy is that excitable??? I do not feel safe knowing he has a badge and a gun. We need some common sense laws to get a guy like this off our streets.

We had three Durham police officers arrested recently for assault, and some other crimes while harassing citizens. Not all departments condone bad behavior. But it does take solid cases to get them arrested. Deputy Cox, IMO, is a solid case of assault and false imprisonment.

http://www.wral.com/three-durham-police-officers-arrested-in-disturbance/11999150/