• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks is caving!

bigguyswife

The Big Guy

My msg to Starbucks.

TBG

Mr. Shultz

Thank you for making clear your request that I no longer open carry my personal protection in or outside of your stores. I have therefore instructed my family, 6 of us, to honor your request and we will no longer be patronizing your establishments nor buying your products from the grocery stores.

Don't worry about us though as you have plenty of competition we will have no problem getting our cup of Joe.

You state that certain people are uncomfortable with my visible firearm, I guess concealed is ok, but as I am uncomfortable with not being able to provide for the protection of my family and myself while in your stores, I simply can't put us in the position of danger that you require.

I have always found it curious that people are not afraid of what they can't see, but are afraid of what they can. I won't bore you with logic as people who are anti rights only operate on emotion and common sense escapes them.

Good luck to you sir, I hope for your investors sake it all works out for you.

Vegassteve

Starbucks is no longer welcoming open carry in their coffee shops. While they won't ask us to leave or confront us, they are asking us to not bring our firearms in. Here's the story:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/18/starbucks-coffee-guns-ceo-schultz/2829937/

Please email, call and/or write Starbucks and voice your disapproval. Let's all buy our coffee from 7-11 today. I'm sure gonna miss my Salted Caramel Frappachinos.

The Big Guys Wife

Stephanie

The only loud folks I have ever seen at these so called events were the antis. And by the by McDs as some good coffee products.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Starbucks is no longer welcoming open carry in their coffee shops. While they won't ask us to leave or confront us, they are asking us to not bring our firearms in. Here's the story:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/18/starbucks-coffee-guns-ceo-schultz/2829937/

Please email, call and/or write Starbucks and voice your disapproval. Let's all buy our coffee from 7-11 today. I'm sure gonna miss my Salted Caramel Frappachinos.

The Big Guys Wife

Stephanie

Everyday perhaps?

bigguyswife

We just sent emails as well. Took forever seems they have some busy servers.

I was on hold for over 15 minutes to talk to a CSR today. Had to hang up to go to work. I'll try again. I think we need to not only email but call and write as well. I will be honest and say that I am dying for a Frap right....there is a Starbucks literally less than 300 feet from my front door....God help me!

Stephanie
big guys wife

The Big Guy

I was on hold for over 15 minutes to talk to a CSR today. Had to hang up to go to work. I'll try again. I think we need to not only email but call and write as well. I will be honest and say that I am dying for a Frap right....there is a Starbucks literally less than 300 feet from my front door....God help me!

Stephanie
big guys wife

You only think you're dying for one. Get busy and make me dinner, I'm heading home.

TBG

bigguyswife

My msg to Starbucks.

TBG

Mr. Shultz

T I have therefore instructed my family, 6 of us, to honor your request and we will no longer be patronizing your establishments nor buying your products from the grocery stores.

Sweetie,

We have 7 children...that 9 of us....

FallonJeeper

I've been a Gold Card member since 2007. Last night I removed all my cards and billing information from my profile. It is now just a useless shell. I visited a local drive thru espresso shop today, instead. Got my coffee and it was as good as, what's their name? What pisses me off, and I guess, knowing now they didn't really care, was when we jumped through hoops to show our support when the anti's were boycotting. I travelled 45 minutes, to walk in, buy a drink and show my support. They had no clue. Maybe they will see a dip in sales and associate it with this letter.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Sweetie,

We have 7 children...that 9 of us....

Proof that too much coffee screws up your ability to count.

Regarding Starbucks, this new policy means NOTHING. They're not going to ask you to leave. It's only a way to get the hoplophobes to believe something has been done. If I were a coffee drinker, I would go out of my way to go there while OCing.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Regarding Starbucks, this new policy means NOTHING. They're not going to ask you to leave....

The new policy is an official 'You are not welcome if you are armed.' That is not nothing. So while the staff have been officially instructed that they are to never ask you to leave for it, they will be thinking: 'Here's another one that is carrying here against our policy.'

How much better if they were thinking some day: 'Hey, have you noticed how long it's been since those armed guys have been here? Bummer that we lost their business, and that guy in the instructor shirt was cute, too.'

kinggabby

The Big Guys Wife

Stephanie
I would rather lick spilled coffee off a vomit soaked street than go to 7-11. In Oklahoma they have it posted on their doors the little guns with a line through them.

The Big Guy

My wife says you should not be in charge of head count. You guys made for a good laugh for me and my wife.

My wife, 4 kids and me at home. That makes 6. The three oldest are out on their own and they didn't listen to me when they lived here, they sure as hell aren't going to now.

When you're laughin' at me, your leavin' the rest alone.

TBG

gunrunner1911

Bernymac

Snip
Maybe they will see a dip in sales and associate it with this letter.

We'll see. But so far, I have seen plenty of business with clear anti-gun policies still thriving and haven't folded due to lack of sales from gun owners. It is clearly not affecting their bottom line.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Snip

We'll see. But so far, I have seen plenty of business with clear anti-gun policies still thriving and haven't folded due to lack of sales from gun owners. It is clearly not affecting their bottom line.

Very few people stand on principles.

TBG