• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Defense Resources Preparedness

Jack House

Bad!:monkey

2012-03-18_112518.png

Beretta92FSLady

Don't think of it as having a gun to your head. Think of it as an encouragement of sorts; an appeal to your sense of self-preservation.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

“National Defense Resources Preparedness” executive order: Power grab or mere update?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/...redness-executive-order-power-grab-or-update/

While the timing of the EO is curious — why send it out on a Friday afternoon when an administration is usually trying to sneak bad news past the media? — the general impact of it is negligible. This EO simply updates another EO (12919) that had been in place since June 1994, and amended several times since.

OC for ME

Basically it changed FEMA to Dept. of Homeland Security (FEMA absorbed into DHS). I read the before and after. No big deal.

Though, I was not wearing my tinfoil hat, so, I was susceptible to receiving mental vibrations via the Interwebs from the NSA that could have clouded my judgement while reading the EO. I'll get my hat and re-read the before and after EOs and get back to you.

MatieA

The ominous part for me is that this was added:

The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency.

Really all this might be needed in peacetime?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The ominous part for me is that this was added:

The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency.

Really all this might be needed in peacetime?

We're in peacetime now, until we're not. We don't need to wait until a crisis happens, and then prepare for it.