• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan important documents

Small Arms Collector

I thought that it would be nice to have a thread with all the relevant laws of interest to Michigan's Gun Owners, particularly those who carry. I think I got them all, but if you can think of anything else let me know.

MCL 123.1102 Michigan Firearm law preemption.

MCL 28.425f CPL Police Disclosure requirement.

MCL 750.234d Non CPL Holder Gun Free Zones.

MCL 28.425o CPL Pistol Free Zones.

MCL 28.421 Definitions, this is the one sited in AG Opinion 6280.

MCL 750.224b Short Barreled Rifles, and Shotguns are banned, unless they're C&R's.

MCL 750.222 Definitions.

MCL 28.425b Concealed Carry law.

MCL 28.422a Pistol Registration Requirement, and exemption from Purchase Permits for CPL holders.

MCL 28.422 Purchase Permit requirement.

AG Opinion 6280 Rifles, or Shotguns measuring less than 30 inches, but more than 26 inches in overall length are considered pistols, and folding, or telescoping stocks are measured folded, or collapsed.

AG Opinion 7113 Pistol Free Zones do not apply if you open carry, and have a CPL.

Supreme Court Decision DC V. Heller

Supreme Court Decision Chicago V. McDonald

Supreme Court Decision Florida V. JL Anonymous tip, or mere possession of a gun is not enough probable cause for a terry stop.

Declaration Of Independence

US Constitution

The Bill Of Rights

Michigan Constitution

Open Carry Tri Fold Pamphlet

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Nice job

Thanks

I thought that it would be nice to have a thread with all the relevant laws of interest to Michigan's Gun Owners, particularly those who carry. I think I got them all, but if you can think of anything else let me know.

MCL 123.1102 Michigan Firearm law preemption.

MCL 28.425f CPL Police Disclosure requirement.

MCL 750.224d Non CPL Holder Gun Free Zones.

MCL 28.425o CPL Pistol Free Zones.

MCL 28.421 Definitions, this is the one sited in AG Opinion 6280.

MCL 750.224b Short Barreled Rifles, and Shotguns are banned, unless they're C&R's.

MCL 750.222 Definitions.

MCL 28.425b Concealed Carry law.

MCL 28.422a Pistol Registration Requirement, and exemption from Purchase Permits for CPL holders.

MCL 28.422 Purchase Permit requirement.

AG Opinion 6280 Rifles, or Shotguns measuring less than 30 inches, but more than 26 inches in overall length are considered pistols, and folding, or telescoping stocks are measured folded, or collapsed.

AG Opinion 7113 Pistol Free Zones do not apply if you open carry, and have a CPL.

Supreme Court Decision DC V. Heller

Supreme Court Decision Chicago V. McDonald

Supreme Court Decision Florida V. JL Anonymous tip, or mere possession of a gun is not enough probable cause for a terry stop.

Declaration Of Independence

US Constitution

The Bill Of Rights

Michigan Constitution

Open Carry Tri Fold Pamphlet

Fishous

Also, this: AG Opinion 7097 Explains in clearer language:
"By its express terms, section 234d prohibits certain persons from carrying a firearm in the enumerated places but explicitly exempts from its prohibition "[a] person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon." Thus, any person licensed to carry a concealed pistol, including a private investigator, is exempt from the gun-free zone restrictions imposed by section 234d of the Penal Code and may therefore possess firearms while on the types of premises listed in that statute."

Vmaxx

I know it's a little off topic & maybe this isn't the correct place to ask.
Is there something written about pocket knifes?

Or maybe there's a link to another thread to a state doc.

Sorry about the off topic

WARCHILD

I had all the info docs in pdf here at one time. Guess they all got lost with the new format. They were all also on MOC...I can't find them there either...guess they were lost also.

JMO