• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Walmart

army74

OC walmart rochester hills

Well i dont have a problem with him being ill informed. Its the manner he spoke in and stated corporate cant dictate to me what i can do in my store. When you get into a customers face who spends money there every month. They do have a subway there so lunch sounds good. But the OCSD made me stand there until manager came up 20 to 30 minutes later.4to 5 deputies.

Bailenforcer

1+

Taking the stuff back??!?! Great move.

The Petoskey Wal-Mart has never said a word or even a funny look. The only weird thing I experienced was some dirty nasty biker followed me for 5 minutes while on his cell phone I assume calling 911. He kept trying to hide at the end caps of the isles peeking down the isle like some mentally ill person. Granted I have only OC'd there a couple hundred times.

Disclaimer I have several biker friends some from the vigilantes, but they bathe. This guy looked like he never met a bar of soap.

At least they told you you can carry (cc), I was told never to carry in the store ("just leave it in my car"). Yeah, RIGHT (sarcasm) :banghead: Since then I refuse to purchase ANY Walmart products. I even made a person return all of the party supplies they had purchased from Walmart for a staff party of which I was in charge.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Does anyone have a WalMart company letter on their position?

If it is up to the Managers then I would like a copy so I can write Corporate, and let them know I will be a former customer.
I can perfectly understand manager discretion if someone is acting like a nut job. But to just carry isn't enough.

Again does anyone have that Corporate policy letter from WalMart? I am seeing too many conflicting opinions, whether the manager has or doesn't have an opinion.

+1 It's up to the store Manager

army74

Update

I contacted Wal-Mart headquarters company policy is not to discriminate or violate some ones rights. The policy says to follow all state and federal firearms laws and as long as the firearm is legally registerd and your state allows you to carry thats fine and they should be getting back to me. I also went to the OCSD to do a FOIA they have no report or record of a call on the day in question. Just for the record OCSD admin offices, detective etc has a sign that states no firearms or weapons by the order of the court . And its not connected to the courthouse or jail.

DanM

This guy looked like he never met a bar of soap.

That's the deterrence method called "BO". It's for people who are afraid of guns and "OC", but still want some deterrence ability. Don't be hatin'! :D

Typical "BO" experience story:
"I was BO'ing at Walmart and getting the stink-eye, literally, from everyone. Other than that, no issues, no problems. I've been BO'ing for a few years now, and I feel safe knowing a bad guy will not want to get within a hundred yards of me. It's like we always say, "Watch what does NOT happen . . . when you do NOT bathe."

:p

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Lol

that's the deterrence method called "bo". It's for people who are afraid of guns and "oc", but still want some deterrence ability. Don't be hatin'! :d

typical "bo" experience story:
"i was bo'ing at walmart and getting the stink-eye, literally, from everyone. Other than that, no issues, no problems. I've been bo'ing for a few years now, and i feel safe knowing a bad guy will not want to get within a hundred yards of me. It's like we always say, "watch what does not happen . . . When you do not bathe."

Bronson

Just for the record OCSD admin offices, detective etc has a sign that states no firearms or weapons by the order of the court . And its not connected to the courthouse or jail.

Do they conduct any type of official court business there?

Supreme Court Administrative Order 2001-1 states that weapons are not permitted in any courtroom, office, or other space used for official court business or by judicial employees unless the chief judge or other person designated by the chief judge has given prior approval consistent with the court's written policy. Each court is required to submit a written policy conforming with this order to the State Court Administrator for approval. Courts are encouraged to collaborate with other entities in shared facilities and, where appropriate, to work with local funding units in developing the policy, which may be a separate plan or part of a general security program.

It's pretty hinky but I think that's how some of these PDs are justifying the signs.

Bronson

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Supreme Court Administrative Order 2001-1 states that weapons are not permitted in any courtroom, office, or other space used for official court business or by judicial employees unless the chief judge or other person designated by the chief judge has given prior approval consistent with the court's written policy. Each court is required to submit a written policy conforming with this order to the State Court Administrator for approval. Courts are encouraged to collaborate with other entities in shared facilities and, where appropriate, to work with local funding units in developing the policy, which may be a separate plan or part of a general security program.

I would look at the written policy for the court regarding which facilities are covered. If the policy does not mention the area in question, my NON LAWERLY OPINION would be that the area is not "covered" by the prohibition... as a nonlawyer, this is my opinion only and merely serves as "educational research". :) BTW, these policies can be found on-line... "Google" is your friend.

NHCGRPR45

That's the deterrence method called "BO". It's for people who are afraid of guns and "OC", but still want some deterrence ability. Don't be hatin'! :D

Typical "BO" experience story:
"I was BO'ing at Walmart and getting the stink-eye, literally, from everyone. Other than that, no issues, no problems. I've been BO'ing for a few years now, and I feel safe knowing a bad guy will not want to get within a hundred yards of me. It's like we always say, "Watch what does NOT happen . . . when you do NOT bathe."

must be why an employee said i couldn't carry there tonight, i was on my way back from a family get together and had to pick up stuff for dinner. so i stopped at this particular walmart to "test the water" i managed to make it past the door greeter without incident. but was busted between pretzels and chips. an employee stocking said i couldn't do that. i said can't do what buy chips? she said no carry a gun! i said i can't carry a gun? she said nope can't do that! i thanked her for her advice and continued shopping.

i stayed in the store for about an hour and a half, shopping and getting a dinner of nachos and penos. but never met a OCSD or uninformed managers. just one slightly ruffled stock girl.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

also, i am a smarta** by nature, it comes out when i face most forms of stupidity. hence the chips and pretzels incident. it made me strong in the army, till i learned better. it was broken down to me like this..

"if it felt good saying it, it was probably the wrong thing to say."

i do this often without thinking, sometimes those i am with get a good laugh. my posts can seem somewhat,,,,smarmy,,,:uhoh: sorry. just me being me. i try to tone it down when i am in public portraying myself as an advocate of good firearm ownership. i admit i have failed once or thrice. :rolleyes: nothing to extreme, but i do have good entertainment value. ask glock9mm or sprinklerguy, or PDindetroit, i can be a hoot.

ask the guy from kroger, or the slightly "ruffled" chip girl. the would mostlikely say something a bit more harsh than smarta** but you guys and girls get the joke behind the words. sometimes,,,,,,:monkey

who got the chips referance??

Last edited: