• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letters to San Diego Candidates

chewy352

All of these emails were sent around 3am 21 Oct.

This first email was sent to Mr. Dave Jones (D) who is running for Insurance Commissioner.

Mr. Jones,

I wanted to take a minute to let you know that even though John and Ken are endorsing you Lori Saldonas endorsement weighs even more.

Lori Saldona is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with this country. She hates the U.S. Constitution and it showed with her bill AB 1934. Her endorsement of your campaign has helped me make up my mind to vote for Barney Fife.

I hope you have a wonderful concession speech prepared.

Good Day,

Michael ###########
San Diego

No Response yet. :shocker:
Still no response. :(

This email was sent to Michelle Steel (R) who is running for the State Board of Equalization 3rd District as an incumbent.

Miss. Steel.

I am debating who to vote for in the third district. Your pledge to, "oppose every new tax and tax increase proposed before the Board of Equalization" means a lot to me. However, I
would like to see you back it up by publishing your voting record for the public to review. If it is already posted could you please point me in the right direction.

Respectfully,
Michael ###########
San Diego

I sent this email to Miss. Steel around 5:00 am on 28 Oct.

Miss. Steel,

I sent this email to you a week ago and so far have received no response. I would really like to have my questions answered by Friday evening so that I may be well informed. Further disregard to my questions will result in you needlessly loosing my vote and possibly many others at opencarry.org and calguns.net as I have posted my correspondence with you on both of those sites for all to see. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Michael ###########
San Diego

Response:

Good afternoon,

Board Member Steel has asked me to respond to your e-mail. Board Member Steel has consistently opposed new taxes and tax increases. She has published articles against new taxes during her first term on the BOE, and most are available in the FlashReport.org archives. The Board Member’s complete voting record is available on the BOE website by looking through the meeting minutes at: http://www.boe.ca.gov/meetings/boardcomm.htm. I trust you will find that throughout her first term Board Member Steel has consistently supported taxpayers and opposed all new taxes and burdensome regulations.

I would also direct you to the Board Member’s website http://www.boe.ca.gov/members/msteel, for more information about the Board Member.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Best,

Arie Dana

Communications Director

Board Member Michelle Steel, Third District

State Board of Equalization

This email was sent to Larry Aceves and Tom Torlakson (State Superintendent of Public Instruction), Steve Rosen and Kevin Beiser (San Diego Unified School District Member, Board of Education District B), and Scott Barnett and John De Beck (San Diego Unified School District Member, Board of Education District C)

Dear Sirs,

California Penal Code 626.9, otherwise known as the Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995, prohibits Law-Abiding citizens from possessing a firearm within 1000 feet of a K-12 School public or private. This law also gives' "school district superintendent, his or her designee, or equivalent school authority" unbridled and undefined authority to give (in writing) permission to an individual to otherwise legally posses a firearm within this zone.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov

As seen, I would dare to say, everyday criminals disregard this law and carry firearms within these zones and commit crimes against unarmed law-abiding citizens everyday. Some recent incidents in California include:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=7714630
http://www.ocregister.com/news/police-270478-boy-fullerton.html

I know that the office in which you seek may not have any direct impact on this issue. However, my question for you is would you support and speak up for a "school district superintendent, his or her designee, or equivalent school authority" who grants permission (in writing) to an individual to lawfully posses a firearm in any lawful manner for the purpose of self defense within 1000 feet of a K-12 (public or private) in accordance with this law?

Respectfully,

Michael ###########
San Diego

The only response I have gotten so far was from Scott Barnett.

I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment. Citizens with a legal right to bear arms should not be precluded from doing sso

thanks

SB

On 28 Oct. around 5:00 am I sent this email to all the candidates that had not replied:

Dear Sirs,

I sent this email to you a week ago and so far have received no response. I would really like to have my questions answered by Friday evening so that I may be well informed. Further disregard to my questions will result in you needlessly loosing my vote and possibly many others at opencarry.org and calguns.net as I have posted my correspondence with you on both of those sites for all to see. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Michael ###########
San Diego

So Far the only reply I have gotten was from John DeBeck:

Sure if it is in writing

Sent from my iPad

This email was sent on 22 Oct. around 12:30 am to Toni Atkins who is running for State Assembly 76th District (Saldonas seat)

Miss. Atkins,

I wanted to take a minute to let you know that Lori Saldonas endorsement weighs heavily with me.

Lori Saldona is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with this country. She hates the U.S. Constitution and it showed with her bill AB 1934. Her endorsement of your campaign has helped me make up my mind to vote for Barney Fife.

I hope you have a wonderful concession speech prepared.

Good Day,

Michael ###########
San Diego

Every one needs to send letters to these people to let them know that people do care about these issues. Feel free to copy and paste mine if you like. I will update this top post as I get more responses.

Last edited: