• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys R Us Not Carry Friendly

Ryan

Happen to notice this on the entrance doors to the Toys R Us in Waterford today.
Been there dozens of times before and never seen it.
Didn't have time to discuss it with management, but I will be calling them tomorrow.

P04164248.jpg

KIX

Maybe it conflicts with all the toy guns they are selling!!!

Hilarious, and sad at the same time.

Someone should tell them the criminals won't follow the instructions on the sign!

Jonathan

Rich B

This was not the case in North Haven last time I was there. I open carried all over Toys R Us and Babies R Us. I will reconfirm next time I am up that way in case it has changed.

Definitely make the phone call, let them know you will not be a patron if they create a victim rich zone.

Alex.EastHartford.

I have notice where theres kids. (schools,toy r us,day care centers. most of theses places put up NO WEAPONS or GUNS sign. some people don't want guns around childrens. even CC or OC. NONE AT ALL.
Maybe kids and guns don't mixs?

SIGguy229

I have notice where theres kids. (schools,toy r us,day care centers. most of theses places put up NO WEAPONS or GUNS sign. some people don't want guns around childrens. even CC or OC. NONE AT ALL.

I guarantee no kids will be touching guns in holsters so the signs are irrelevant. Not to mention, I have yet to hear of any signs stopping crime.

I guess all of the mass shooting that could have happened were stopped by "no guns" signs.....NOT.

Maybe it's parents that need to grow up.

Alex.EastHartford.

I certainly hear antis who say that

Hi Rich B. the reason i said that. is because when i OC by parents with their kids shopping or outside outing a parent or parents grab their kid by the arm and pull them toward them at sight of my gun (O.C.) its like i am the bad guy because of my exposed holdstered gun. thats why i said people or parents don't want kids near guns. they always feel threated by it.

Hey Rich are you going to the next meeting? (CCDL)

Last edited:

Rich B

Hi Rich B. the reason i said that. is because when i OC by parents with their kids shopping or outside outing a parent or parents grab their kid by the arm and pull them toward them at sight of my gun (O.C.) its like i am the bad guy because of my exposed holdstered gun. thats why i said people or parents don't want kids near guns. they always feel threated by it.

Hey Rich are you to the next meeting? (CCDL)

It has certainly not been my experience that kids or parents react negatively.

I think we should get together at some point and OC together so we can share experiences. Perhaps I am missing experience you are getting that differs from mine.

It would be good to compare notes.

I will be at the meeting.

Hef

I have an obligation to protect my wife and kid, whether it's at the gas station, the grocery store, the mall, the park, or Toys R Us. How other people feel about is irrelevant. Nobody is forcing them to be around me.

Alex.EastHartford.

I think we should get together at some point and OC together

I support that 100%. I'll see and talk to you in the CCDL meeting. I'am bringing a new member to the meeting. The more members we have the better the chances and stronger CCDL gets. memberships is over 1000 or more on the CCDL list. Rich for a good start we need to invite more people to our League and hope they become members. because in numbers. we become hard to stop.

CARRY ON! Rich B.

Last edited:

Ryan

It has certainly not been my experience that kids or parents react negatively.

I think we should get together at some point and OC together so we can share experiences. Perhaps I am missing experience you are getting that differs from mine.

It would be good to compare notes.

I will be at the meeting.

Perhaps 5 to 10 of us should get together and OC at the Saybrook Starbucks (preferrably when that Gardner jackass is on duty.)

Rich B

Perhaps 5 to 10 of us should get together and OC at the Saybrook Starbucks (preferrably when that Gardner jackass is on duty.)

I don't open carry to stir conflict or to engage anyone (including the police) in confrontation.

I open carried to the Old Saybrook Starbucks on Sunday and had my coffee and caught up on some work.
I would be happy to meet up with anyone who wants to learn more about OC or maybe would like to start OCing but could use a helping hand to make them more comfortable.

We need to be ever vigilante about the image we are presenting, especially with all of the new found media attention.

Ryan

I don't open carry to stir conflict or to engage anyone (including the police) in confrontation.

I open carried to the Old Saybrook Starbucks on Sunday and had my coffee and caught up on some work.
I would be happy to meet up with anyone who wants to learn more about OC or maybe would like to start OCing but could use a helping hand to make them more comfortable.

We need to be ever vigilante about the image we are presenting, especially with all of the new found media attention.

No disrespect intended, but I have dealt with Gardner in the past. I am well qualified to refer to him as a jackass. Even his fellow cops know this to be true.
I have no doubt that your intentions when OCing are honorable, and that you are not looking for confrontation. However, given the environment of ignorance that permeates the general community and the LE community in CT, the very act of OCing invites confrontation. Do not take that to mean that I oppose it. To the contrary, I support you and the OC movement 110%. I think that there is power in numbers, and showing up with 5 or 10 people OCing (and perhaps a camera crew) would make the OSPD think twice about harrassing people who are exercising their God given right.

Rich B

No disrespect intended, but I have dealt with Gardner in the past. I am well qualified to refer to him as a jackass. Even his fellow cops know this to be true.

I didn't argue against any of those points. I would be happy to hear your stories sometime.

the very act of OCing invites confrontation

My experience disagrees with your assertion.

I think that there is power in numbers, and showing up with 5 or 10 people OCing (and perhaps a camera crew) would make the OSPD think twice about harrassing people who are exercising their God given right.

I think people just open carrying on their own in their everyday business will achieve this far more effectively. Especially if those people stand up for their rights in the case of confrontation and pursue whatever resolutions that can be had each time.