• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange Crest Meet Up In Riverside?

vindicated

I just found out there was a meet up here in Riverside by a group and I didn't even know about it. I guess the Riverside Police is privy to the law, and pretty cool about it, but I didn't know there were a bunch of OC'ers here in Riverside.

Anyone know about this? How'd it go?

vindicated

I was wondering. I searched everythread on here and couldn't find out anything about it. Not even a newspaper article (of course).

Rich Keagy

Then, it's up to you, Vindicated.
Find a friendly restaurant / coffee shop, make sure it's okay with the proprietor, then set something up here.
Something like:
Starbucks at Trautwein and Van Buren in Riverside.
Tuesday evenings at 7:00. Third Tuesday of each month.
Make sure it's not within 1000' of a school.

How does that sound?

Last edited:

vindicated

Then, it's up to you, Vindicated.
Find a friendly restaurant / coffee shop, make sure it's okay with the proprietor, then set something up here.
Something like:
Starbucks at Trautwein and Van Buren in Riverside.
Tuesday evenings at 7:00. Third Tuesday of each month.
Make sure it's not within 1000' of a school.

How does that sound?

Great idea! What about pizza night or something... This is very hard to find people to UOC with. All of my friends own firearms including my father, and none of them are willing to do this with me. :(

Let me do some research and google mapping and I will figure it out.

Last edited:

vindicated

I'm in the vicinity too, is this happening next week?

The Orange Crest thing already happened. But Rich and I were discussing setting something up soon here in Riverside, and depending on how it goes, making it a weekly or monthly thing.

I will be mapping an area and choosing a location tomorrow, and posting the details on here tomorrow as well. So check back. If all of us Riversidians are in agreement, we can go ahead and start it.

BigfootJohnson

I wasn't able to find anything. I don't think there's an "Inland Empire" group per-se...

Hello Sirs and Madams... I just signed up and this is my first post/reply.

Would like to share that there is now a Facebook Community Page:
Inland Empire Open Carry that somebody just started in the last few days.

I would also like to share that I would be interested in joining for a group meet UOC in The Riverside Vicinity in the future... so, please add me to that list. Thank you--

vindicated

Sorry guys. I didn't have chance to scout a location for a meet this weekend. However, I am SERIOUSLY considering doing the meet somewhere in Downtown. I don't believe there are any schools down there, but I we will need to make absolutely sure.

Riverside is a mine field of schools. All the pizza joints I have looked into have been near schools, or not really someplace I would find enjoyable to hang out at. I will be contacting a few business owners this week near the Magnolia/Tyler area to see if we can get the ok to hang out there.

I know you guys say NOT to call first, but it sure beats getting there and being told to leave and then standing around by our cars. :)

*** I don't use facebook. Can someone give me the information on this Inland Empire Group? Is there a mailing list? ***

Also, any opposition to just starting a Riverside group? I looked on calguns and didn't see a Riverside group on there either.

Last edited:

BigfootJohnson

I know you guys say NOT to call first, but it sure beats getting there and being told to leave and then standing around by our cars. :)

*** I don't use facebook. Can someone give me the information on this Inland Empire Group? Is there a mailing list? ***

Also, any opposition to just starting a Riverside group? I looked on calguns and didn't see a Riverside group on there either.

-- Are there reasons to call/not call before congregating at an establishment?
Since I'm still newbie to open carrying, I would have thought it should be allowed anywhere (outside of school proximity).

--Facebook
It's an area where anyone can really join. The admin/moderator posts pictures pro-2nd amendment or pro-open carry as well as articles that pertain to our cause. Individuals who join can communicate similar to how we are here, but it's "Facebook-y" :lol: There is no mailing list and there are only 8 people who have joined the page.

--Riverside Group
Seems like that would be a great idea. Riverside would bring people from San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, Perris, Loma Linda and Corona.

vindicated

The reasons some say on here NOT to call before is because we don't want businesses creating rules regarding firearms where there were none before.

If personally, would rather know ahead of time, then be ejected from an establishment. And yes, if a business owner asks you to leave due to the fact you are wearing a firearm, you should leave. It would be wise to advise him of the laws, and also give him a flyer, but it probably won't change much.

Their usual response will be, "It makes my customers nervous." If that's the case, we can just blacklist them and boycott their businesses.

I like the idea of a Riverside Group. Hopefully tonight I will be able to get some research done regarding safe places to meet.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
The reasons some say on here NOT to call before is because we don't want businesses creating rules regarding firearms where there were none before.

If personally, would rather know ahead of time, then be ejected from an establishment. And yes, if a business owner asks you to leave due to the fact you are wearing a firearm, you should leave. It would be wise to advise him of the laws, and also give him a flyer, but it probably won't change much.

Their usual response will be, "It makes my customers nervous." If that's the case, we can just blacklist them and boycott their businesses.

I like the idea of a Riverside Group. Hopefully tonight I will be able to get some research done regarding safe places to meet.

I think calling businesses out of the blue is harmful, because all they will focus on is someone asking if its okay if you bring a gun. This is an invitation to say no. Worse, is that if they are particularly hostile to the concept of gun ownership, they may promote their no guns policy in the form of a sign.
If you go in and enjoy their establishment as a solo open carrier and demonstrate that nothing bad happens when you pay them money for their goods and services, that it might be okay to take more money from gun owners. After you have made your presence known with a couple of successful visits, ask them if you can reserve space for your 'friends'.

You should be planning on contingencies every time you open carry- so if one place tells you to leave, you can always fall back to a new location.