• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc with a shoulder holster?

Chief Ten Beers

What not historically correct? the lack of a second weapon or is that Hollywood? hmm, I do not know the difference.

Nice rig though! Would like to get one myself some day.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey David, Not historically correct meaning it's Hollywood. :D But, I like it anyway.

This rig is more historically correct, even though the belt is a tool belt from Harbor Freight tools. :banana:

Steve

Attachments

• 100_2769.jpg
    100_2769.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

fighting_for_freedom

Hey David, Not historically correct meaning it's Hollywood. :D But, I like it anyway.

This rig is more historically correct, even though the belt is a tool belt from Harbor Freight. :banana:

Steve

Hey, you stole my belt! Haha, I picked up one just like that from my local hardware store for my pair of .22 revolvers. Thought I'd stain it and maybe run some cartridge loops through the back. Nice rig - is that a Remington cartridge conversion (or replica of one)?

Chief Ten Beers

Did you make that rig? If you bought it, I'd love to know where. Beautiful set up. I'm decent with leatherworking, but nothing of that caliber.

Hey Alamo Jack,

I didn't make it, I bought it from Shop-O-Rama in Draffenville, Kentucky. I actually have three of those holster rigs, two for my .45 SAA's, and one for a .22 SAA.

Chief Ten Beers

Chief Ten Beers

Hey, you stole my belt! Haha, I picked up one just like that from my local hardware store for my pair of .22 revolvers. Thought I'd stain it and maybe run some cartridge loops through the back. Nice rig - is that a Remington cartridge conversion (or replica of one)?

When I can find some stain, I'll stain it to match the holster, and I'll get me a slip on cartridge loop. That's a Pietta Remington, with a conversion cylinder for .45 Colt. The gun in the holster is still using the cap and ball cylinder for this picture, with the conversion cylinder in the cylinder pouch, but it's hung in my closet with the conversion cylinder in it, and it's loaded with handloaded cowboy ammo. :D

If I remember correctly, I paid around 5 or 6 dollars for it. I bought a second one since I bought this one, and it was about a dollar more. I look at it this way, if it's strong enough to hold a heavy tool bag, it'll be more than strong enough to hold a loaded gun and the accessories needed. :D

Last edited: