• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANY businesses/agencies that don't have an employee firearm policy?

Sparky508

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
...I conceal when on my boss' time (and they're fine with it), open when I can on my time...

Roger that.

We don't have a written policy, but it is widely known by most of if not all that myself and a few others are carrying concealed while on the boss's time.

I am a PM with the company, so I encourage discreet carry, while at work, and when legal. (Not on Gov job or what have you.)

Better be to explain to the old man, why one of my electricians is having a self defense court date, than to tell him we have to replace him.

FMCDH

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone, but I am disarmed at all times for the criminals pleasure, at, going to, leaving from, and when on the road working.

There are no options except to park off base in pay parking several blocks away in an unsecured lot, in a high crime area.

The sad thing is, this area has been acknowledged as being a trouble zone by the command and we have had service members mugged and harassed by the street element while walking to/from mass transit in the area. The most anyone will do about it is to remind people to walk in groups and be aware of your surroundings.

(sigh) How can a law enforcement agency be so backwards.... :cry:

country.hacker

I work for a non-profit camp up on the Pend Oreille river, and my co-worker and I regularly open carry in the mid-week when no guest groups are visiting, and conceal carry when we do have guests. Like a lot of places, there's no official policy but our boss is super supportive. Every now and then we take an afternoon and pop off some rounds at the local gravel pit as a staff...I pretty much love my job.