• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recomendations for firearm friendly K-zoo resturants

Bronson

I open carry regularly at IHOP and Steak 'n' Shake. I have also open carried at Saffron, Zooroona, DiNicio's Parlour, Old Chicago, Carrabbaas, Red Robin, Erbelli's and most any other restaurant you can think of in Kalamazoo/Portage. I've never been asked to leave nor had a single negative encounter. Bear in mind that many of the places you'll go will have a liquor license so you and your friends will need to have CPLs or permission to open carry there...I'd suggest getting the permission in writing.

Bronson

Last edited:

Bronson

IHOP? I thought most of those were posted "No guns?" Or is that more on a location basis?

May be location based. I've only ever been in two IHOPs, the one in Kalamazoo and one in G.R.....and that one was only once and years before I started carrying. AFAIK the Kalamazoo one is not posted and I've never had any trouble.

Bronson

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
May be location based. I've only ever been in two IHOPs, the one in Kalamazoo and one in G.R.....and that one was only once and years before I started carrying. AFAIK the Kalamazoo one is not posted and I've never had any trouble.

Bronson
That's good to know. I don't know about the one nearest me, in East Lansing. I thought someone said they'd been asked to remove their gun there, but, I may be recalling the wrong IHOP. Then again, it is East Lansing. A liberal haven, thanks to MSU. :)

xmanhockey7

I've OCd in the Portage IHOP, Steak n Shake, Taco Bobs, and probably some other restaurants I'm forgetting. Make sure if you go to Theo and Stacy's you go to the one that does not have a liquor license (assuming you don't have a CPL). Taco Bob's off Portage Rd. is very friendly and I've never had a problem OCing there but there knew me for a couple years as a regular before I started OCing. The owner of that Taco Bobs told me he likes the fact I carry when I'm there. Plus the food is very good.

alphamale

Are there any in Northern Michigan? I visit plenty of restaurants when I travel in northern Michigan. I carry concealed when I enter but once the coat is off....

So far nothing has been said, but to be honest I would prefer a place that has stated openly they support open carry.