• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amendment 5 Legal Challenge Files

OC for ME

Poor little chiefie is pouting and having a hissy fit because the people out side of the city passed Amendment 5. A quote of his from one of the articles below. But he thinks it is just fine for the city to drive what happens in out state MO.

Noting that 71 percent of St. Louis voters rejected the amendment, "Dotson says it’s unfortunate that rural Missouri sometimes gets to drive what happens in the city."
Obviously Dotson is anti-liberty and anti-citizen since he is sounding the liberal anti-gun mantra "The gun is the problem, not the gun user." Dotson believes that infringing gun rights affecting all will reduce gun crime that affects a few.

Hey Chief! How about focusing on the base crime(s) of assault and homicide. If a weapon is used armed criminal action (add on charge by the way, RSMo 571.015) will stick.

Redbaron007

It sounds like Chief Dotson is complaining about the courts not upholding the arrests his department makes; so it is Amendment 5's fault.....it hasn't even taken effect yet......what a cry baby.

It's funny how he cries about the state passing A5 and STL didn't......look what happens when it is reversed....we get Clair! :uhoh: :eek:

Redbaron007

(my bold)

When is it you understand Amendment 5 to take effect? :uhoh:

It has now....but his comments referred back to when it wasn't even applicable. These are some of the same comments he made during the regular session. IIRC, before it was even passed during the session.

My apologies if I was a little unclear......I thought everyone knew what I was thinking, as I typed! ;)
Again, sorry for any confusion.