• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason to carry a gun!!

irish52084

Was that in California? I heard him say something, I thought, about cali. I couldn't understand much of what he was saying. If it was in cali, that's a great reason they need to let their people be better armed and prepared.

SoLasVegas

Was that in California? I heard him say something, I thought, about cali. I couldn't understand much of what he was saying. If it was in cali, that's a great reason they need to let their people be better armed and prepared.

This was in Las Vegas on the NW corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Sahara.

DEROS72

Used to live 4years oer on Nellis Up from Samstown.I know that area well.

What worthless human trash yet these are the folks some say we need to give more oportunity and your tax dollar instead of disposing of them.

Last edited:

boatswain

There is a *long* thread on this video on the Snopes forum.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=12540

Two pointers:

#1 It's from the Bum Fights series of videos.

#2 Las Vegas Metro PD stated that they investigated and it was entirely staged for the camera.

If you watch it closely, the intro has been professionally edited, with a soundtrack added. Also, the crowbar is obviously planted just where he needed it.

Last edited:

devildoc5

Not trying to argue the validity or the truthfulness of the incident being staged...

However the "email" from LVMPD states "this incident was staged 8-10 yrs ago"

Now we all know police departments can get their info wrong every once and a while...

But they dont know when it was staged? But they conducted a full investigation? (then again this is the town in the middle of a desert that had an extremely deadly driveby shooting in the middle of the strip in 1998 and still no suspects...)

Even better point is this. The video has been circulating since AT LEAST 16 July 2007 which is when it was posted about for the first time on Snopes.com.

the PT cruiser (knid of car attacked in the video) was not introduced until the 2000 model year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_PT_Cruiser

So lets see here... July 2007 subtract the 8 carry the 10 divide by 2 and multiply by 72 = The absolute EARLIEST this video could have been made would have been in July of 1999 (due to model year releases and everything).

Also the LVMPD email states between 8 and 10 years. It could literally have been ONLY 8 years at the absolute most.

Now whether this is a hoax or a fraud or whatever is irrelevant at thsi point. Honestly, it really is. If someone was to do that to your car handle it with a 9mm or bigger (or 6!).

Even if THIS particular incident did not occur EXACTLY as filmed, that does not mean that a bunch of similar ones have not occurred....

Last edited:

Metalhead47

I'll bite...

Fake, real, whatever....

If you found yourself in a REAL situation like this (crazypsychobum attacking your car), how would you be LEGALLY justified in responding? If you were to back over the guy or get out & shoot him (doesn't look like drawing would stop him), what would the courts say? In the video we see him doing thousands of dollars in damage, but is a life threatened?

(LEGALLY speaking here. Ethically, IMHO you're 100% within your rights to back his ass into the car behind you thereby crushing his legs, then get out & put a couple right between his eyes as he writhes in pain, thereby saving tax dollars.)

skiingislife725

Fake, real, whatever....

If you found yourself in a REAL situation like this (crazypsychobum attacking your car), how would you be LEGALLY justified in responding? If you were to back over the guy or get out & shoot him (doesn't look like drawing would stop him), what would the courts say? In the video we see him doing thousands of dollars in damage, but is a life threatened?

(LEGALLY speaking here. Ethically, IMHO you're 100% within your rights to back his ass into the car behind you thereby crushing his legs, then get out & put a couple right between his eyes as he writhes in pain, thereby saving tax dollars.)

After he busted up the passenger side of the car and then went ahead and was going around the front of the car to the driver's side window, I would absolutely be in fear of my life.

Tomas

Probably fifty percent of the time I'd be taking my 85 year old mother somewhere and she would be on the passenger side. As soon as he approached the car on the passenger side and started taking swings at it I would be fearful for her safety. Being trapped in traffic, and knowing she COULD NOT retreat, I would have to draw on him demand he drop the weapon (crowbar?). If he dropped it, or took off away from me and my firearm, end of event. If he did not drop it and advanced toward either of us or took another swing, it's my turn...

Stretch

Probably fifty percent of the time I'd be taking my 85 year old mother somewhere and she would be on the passenger side. As soon as he approached the car on the passenger side and started taking swings at it I would be fearful for her safety. Being trapped in traffic, and knowing she COULD NOT retreat, I would have to draw on him demand he drop the weapon (crowbar?). If he dropped it, or took off away from me and my firearm, end of event. If he did not drop it and advanced toward either of us or took another swing, it's my turn...

Agreed. Once windows on either side become the target of his weapon, he has effectively become a target of mine. There is no way to know what he plans on doing after that window is broken.

3/325

If you watch it closely, the intro has been professionally edited, with a soundtrack added. Also, the crowbar is obviously planted just where he needed it.

I don't know for sure, but I can easily believe that it's staged. However, the crowbar placement is irrelevant. If that was "my" corner I'd have all kinds of goodies laying around that I wouldn't be caught with but I could pick up at any moment.