• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taylor screws up bad firearms ordinance update? Any ideas people?

The Expert

Taylor is going down the tubes.

My wife left the truck open last night and this morning the entire thing was rifled through. Nothing was taken, granted, but it was obvious they were hoping to find a cash stash.

You'd think the powers-that-be would be all about keeping people safe as the criminal element becomes more bold.

Bailenforcer

The set this law as a correction or remodel of the old law back in 1909 act 279 so what was the punishment for that old law, would I assume the punishment would be the same...

Well, doesn't address your claim. What is the penalty for doing it? Things against the law tend to have some sort of remedy or fine/punishment involved.

Beside, the statute doesn't say when the ordinance was enacted, just that they can't enforce them, so old ordinances would be as unlawful as new ones, I don't think the date of enactment is relevant or clearly stated in the statute.

The statute covers taxation, enactment and/or enforcment of any firearm bans.

B

Bikenut

Taylor is going down the tubes.

My wife left the truck open last night and this morning the entire thing was rifled through. Nothing was taken, granted, but it was obvious they were hoping to find a cash stash.

You'd think the powers-that-be would be all about keeping people safe as the criminal element becomes more bold.

The "powers that be" are only interested in one thing..... continuing to be the powers that be.

The safety and welfare of us lowly unwashed peasants is something that never enters the consciousness of "the powers that be".... unless it can be manipulated to increase the power of the powers that be. Why else are the first things to suffer budget cuts the police and fire depts. instead of the salaries of "the powers that be"?

Bailenforcer

And Garbage pickup was a popular one to extort the Taxpayers and why no one ever challenged it in court is beyond me. There are ONLY 3 things listed in the Constitution as Government obligations. Defense from enemies foreign and domestic that's a Militia and police, and fire could be under public safety to eliminate that from their extortion attempt's. Other than the court system the Government has no other Constitutional obligations. So the next time they threaten to reduce police and Fire services people should file a Constitutional rights Law Suit. Force them to cut their expense accounts and the Limos or provided cars, and free gasoline.

Good points Bikenut

The "powers that be" are only interested in one thing..... continuing to be the powers that be.

The safety and welfare of us lowly unwashed peasants is something that never enters the consciousness of "the powers that be".... unless it can be manipulated to increase the power of the powers that be. Why else are the first things to suffer budget cuts the police and fire depts. instead of the salaries of "the powers that be"?

Centurion

Taylor Tuckey...YEE-HAW

:banghead:

Their "We will pick and chosse which laws we like, and only follow them there ones" attitude never ceases to amaze me.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
:banghead:

Their "We will pick and chosse which laws we like, and only follow them there ones" attitude never ceases to amaze me.

Hello Centurion!

You must be from this area? You seem to know exactly what kind of AZZ-MONKEYS these officials are. MOC has been trying to work with them for over 1/2 a year now with much resistance and game playing coming from their end of things. In the end they will fall in line with the law regardless if they "like it, or not".