• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment rally in Mt. Juliet today

kwikrnu

Banned
I went to the rally in Mt. Juliet this afternoon. It was short and only lasted a few hours. I got to talk with a couple of state represenattives and several who were running for office. I spoke with Bob Pope who publishes a paper called Tennessee Patriot. I spoke with Steve Gill, a radio show host on 1510 am. I spoke with John Harris, the director of Tennessee Firearms Association (TFA). I am a member of the TFA, but have banned from their website.

The rally took place in a public park which is off limits to the carry of firearms. The attendance was low, I'd estimate maybe two hundred people at most. I was the only one that I saw who wore an empty holster. I also wore the starbucks guns and coffee shirt which was a big hit. I have the impression that most of the elected represenatives I spoke with are happy with the current permit system and do not want to go to an open carry system. I handed each of them a copy of my lawsuit against the State.

HvyMtl

Sadly, I did not know about the rally, and peruse several tn forums...

Oh well.

I will ask how your lawsuit is going, but I will check your other posts first - you have been burning up the forum today - to see if you have already posted an update - if not, please do - I know there has to be a lot of curious readers...

The Tennessee Patriot is an interesting little paper... Too bad they had to switch to paid subscribership, instead of free...

HvyMtl

Well, they are better than the Newspapers we have, and I do not recall an advertisement listed in one about it... (The Tennessean is very anti-2nd A...)

Generally, these things do get posted somewhere...