• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor Walker to Sign Wisconsin Carry Bill Today

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Today at 2:30 PM, in the Grand Lodge at 805 Creske Ave in Wausau, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker will finally sign an historic carry bill bringing Wisconsin in line with the 48 other states which already have some form of concealed carry.

The bill, which will not go into effect until November of this year, is long overdue according to many Wisconsin residents who cite to the increased violence over the July 4th weekend as yet another example of the danger citizens face as crime increases due to the sluggish economy.

http://monachuslex.com/?p=103

MilProGuy

Congratulations to the residents of Wisconsin!

Another victory for the supporters of our Constitution's Second Amendment!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
SCALE
Tyranny / Liberty
[----------->*---------]

Yey! We've moved another notch towards liberty! :banana:

We've got a long long way to go though and we've got to keep at it.

Last edited:

Vandil

Has anyone seen any info on how to go about submitting an application by mail if you already have the qualified training out of the way?

ksks

Yes, right here. :D

LOL. That was rude. Got me all excited, only to be dashed by disappointment. I thought you had some secret inside information.

I must say, as much anger there was here about the con carry not going thru, I'm glad to see so many here happy about today. Let's enjoy it!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Has anyone seen any info on how to go about submitting an application by mail if you already have the qualified training out of the way?

Gee, this has only been covered 900 times. The forms will be available 9/1. They have 45 days to process. You can start carrying if you have a permit 11/1.

People need to learn how to read/search.

Outdoorsman1

If Gov. Walker is on schedule (give or take a few minutes).... He should be signing SB-93 RIGHT ABOUT NOW.... :banana:

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

The FORCE is strong, as strong as a strong arm of what is right over what is evil......we will prevail....

Outdoorsman1
a.k.a. - Yoda1Kanobi....(ok, I just made that up...:eek:)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Actually; on most other forums I go by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi. I just felt it was less inappropriate to go with my current username on a forum involving firearms. :D

Even photoshopped my own signature:
sigpic60401_1.gif

And Avatar:

May the Schlitz be with you..........

MilProGuy

Gee, this has only been covered 900 times. The forms will be available 9/1. They have 45 days to process. You can start carrying if you have a permit 11/1.

Maybe Paul enjoys interacting with real people instead of a search function.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
What a bunch of Hooey!

http://www.channel3000.com/news/28484272/detail.html

National Rifle Association (NRA) Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre will join Walker for the bill signing. Passing a concealed carry law has been a priority for the NRA in Wisconsin over the past few years.

ksks

Rude? I thought I gave him a very complete, accurate answer :monkey

Rude to me...for getting me all excited, then dashing my hopes.

But, I'll forgive you as we now have a bill signed, sealed and ... well I assume we've have yet another 10 day wait for delivery (publishing).

BROKENSPROKET

The forms will be available 9/1. They have 45 days to process. You can start carrying if you have a permit 11/1.

Nothing in SB93 states the 'forms' will be avaible on 9/1/11. I have read this a fiew times I CANNOT find it in SB93.

175.60 (5) APPLICATION AND RENEWAL FORMS. (a) The department shall design an application form for use by individuals who apply for a license under this section and a renewal form for use by individuals applying for
renewal of a license under sub. (15). The department shall complete the design of the application form no later than the first day of the 2nd month beginning after the effective date of this paragraph .... [LRB inserts date], and shall complete the design of the renewal form no later than the first day of the 36th month beginning after the effective date of this paragraph .... [LRB inserts date]. The forms shall require the applicant to provide only his or her name, address, date of birth, state identification card number, race, sex, height, and eye color and shall include all of the following:

No where does it say the application forms have to be made available.

Teej

No where does it say the application forms have to be made available.

It says (effectively) that they must be designed by 9/1.

It also says:
(b) The department shall make the forms described in this subsection available on the Internet and, upon request, by mail.

Does it state explicitly that they are to be made available immediately after design is finished? No, but....

Simple logic dictates that they will probably be available before 9/1. Otherwise why require the design to be finished 60 days before the effective date of the legislation? Why create a system where (once the DOJ publishes a list) non-residents could conceivably carry before residents? Why give them 45 days to process applications between 9/1 and 12/1, and only 21 days after that?

Besides...The DOJ falls under JBVH, and he's been in favor of this passing, too.

It's not stated explicitly, but it's pretty f'in obvious.

Last edited: