• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok, We sent my wifes app in today.

safcrkr

According to the link that you supplied in post #4 of this thread, the background check is what is scrambling the sequence of applications received versus applications issued. From Post #368: So if your name is "Slobadynicki Balihoonian", you will probably be processed a lot faster than, say, "John Smith". It's nobody's fault and not a grand scheme, it's just that it takes longer to check out some names than others, especially if the states you have to cross-check with are slow to respond.

Never said anything about it being an intentional "scheme" from the beginning. Incompetance, nonchalantness on order received, disorganization... yes, possibilities. If everyone waiting on a "delayed" background check had the name "John Smith", then that'd explain the long wait for them. And if everyone who has mailed in days after others and has gotten issued has the name "Slobadynicki Balihoonian", then there's no questions as to the holdup for the John Smiths. If your name is common like John Smith, then you probably get delayed every time you go through the system, so you can expect it here too. But if you have an uncommon name, never got delayed before but are still waiting, what's your explanation for that? Those are the people I'm talking about. It again goes back to their stated policy of "processing in order received". If they're not, then they should just say they're not. "We tried, but it didn't work". That's all they'd have to say. Otherwise they're misleading people into thinking of what the problem could be in the delay? Lost, etc?

Just for kicks, I did a "google" on a buddy who mailed on the 1st, got issued on the 9th. There's 63 people with his exact same first & last name just in Wisconsin, 7 have same middle, and over 700 in the U.S.A. with same first & last. I mailed on the 1st, there's 3 in Wisconsin with my first/last name, 23 in the entire U.S.A. , and only one with same middle. So that explanation of "same name delays" won't fly for everybody (some yes, no argument), so what's the delay for the "Slobadynicki Balihoonians" ? I'm not claiming it's intentional, conspiracy, grand scheme... none of that tinfoil hat crap. The only other explanation is disorganization or incompetance on the part of DOJ's processing system. And I am baffled as to why you, and some DOJ "apologists", refuse to admit they've got it all screwed up when it's right there under your nose <sigh>.

(I used my buddy & I as my examples simply because I could... I know the particulars.... full names, even DOBs. I can't research everybody because I don't know their names. I used what I could, but I think it's a good enough sampling).

btw... that link I supplied in post 4, to post 368 on that other forum, was to an explanation from a DOJ employee as to what the holdup is on issuing permits. Did you expect him to say "we screwed the pooch"? :)

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
.... The only other explanation is disorganization or incompetance on the part of DOJ's processing system. And I am baffled as to why you, and some DOJ "apologists", refuse to admit they've got it all screwed up when it's right there under your nose <sigh>.
Well, for one thing it isn't under my nose because I got my permit in a timely fashion and so have more than 17,000 other Wisconsin residents. For another thing, just because the licenses aren't being issued in the order you think they should be doesn't mean the system is "all screwed up". Without inside knowledge of what is going on at DOJ this is just mental masturbation.

btw... that link I supplied in post 4, to post 368, was to an explanation from a DOJ employee as to what the holdup is on issuing permits. Did you expect him to say "we screwed the pooch"? :)
No, I expect you to take the man at his word until proven otherwise. Remember "Innocent until proven guilty"? I'm sorry that you haven't gotten your license yet; you sound like a nice guy who is very frustrated. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it but wait....

safcrkr

Well, for one thing it isn't under my nose because I got my permit in a timely fashion and so have more than 17,000 other Wisconsin residents. For another thing, just because the licenses aren't being issued in the order you think they should be doesn't mean the system is "all screwed up". Without inside knowledge of what is going on at DOJ this is just mental masturbation.

No, I expect you to take the man at his word until proven otherwise. Remember "Innocent until proven guilty"? I'm sorry that you haven't gotten your license yet; you sound like a nice guy who is very frustrated. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it but wait....

17,000 got them, 33,000 are still waiting. What's the point you're trying to make? The licenses that have been issued should be issued in "roughly" the order received, or reasonably close. Nobody expects perfection. A day or two doesn't matter. A week or two, or more, does. There's only two plausible explanations why apps received late in the 2nd week should be processed and issued before apps received the 2nd or 3rd day. One is the background check same-name delays. I've already made my case why that cannot apply to everyone, and conceded it does apply to some. But for those who don't have that delay apply to them, what's left? Disorganization, etc., is the only non-tinfoil-hat theory left.

Whether I have mine, or you have yours, or John Smith or Slobadynicki Balihoonian have theirs, is immaterial. Maybe I'm just more aware of the situation because mine came late, and because yours came early, you're not wondering as much as to what's up. ??? Even if I had mine since weeks ago, I still could not ignore the evidence, and still would be "less than happy" as to why others are being passed by.

It would be under your nose if you cared to look down there. :)

Anyway... I enjoy discussing this in an adult fashion with someone who does not resort to name-calling, etc. :)

btw... I'm old enough to know that taking any govt employee at "his word" is a foolish endeavor. :)

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
It's Quicker To Get A U.S. Passport!

Mailed mine the morning of the 1st (November), check posted to my account on the 10th. Nothing since...but I did get a questionnaire to be a Jury member the other day. So...someone is watching me.

My passport only took a few weeks and I would think the passport background checks are at least as intensive and thorough as a concealed weapons background check.

As to how many people have my name...lots. A quick check on the Internet shows hundreds with my name and different races (I am fairly certain how that happened).

We know that our Wisconsin drivers license has our S.S.N. attached so it isn't a matter of not providing the S.S.N. with the application.

As for buying guns my background check has always been done in less than two minutes while I filled out the paperwork. I have purchased quite a few this year alone and never had a single "wait" for my background check. Never been denied, never had to wait in my entire life. I have had secret clearances several times in my life including this year and the last few years and even those background checks took less than three days.

Why some are not getting their licenses as quickly as others is baffling and frustrating but there isn't a thing that can be done to "hurry them up".

My guess is my paperwork got stuck to the bottom of a Krispy Creme doughnut box and went out with the garbage. :)

Besides, I have to have SOMETHING to hope for for Christmas! :)

Kc.38

Well I decided to push the envelope a little. I wanted to get the jump on all of the people that are going to send in their apps on Dec.1. I am hoping that my wifes app will hit the DOJ desk tomorrow morning and will be processed before the hoard of apps land on top. Either I am a hero or a zero. The way I see it she will either get it in a couple of days or sometime in February.

Well it worked. It took the full 21 days to have in her hand but she got it.
I still don't know if I am a hero or a zero but this is it.
Mailed Nov 30
Received Dec.22
Issued Dec.20
#299XX

thieltech

Well it worked. It took the full 21 days to have in her hand but she got it.
I still don't know if I am a hero or a zero but this is it.
Mailed Nov 30
Received Dec.22
Issued Dec.20
#299XX

wow thats sad ...... i mailed mine the 8th of nov and u got hers the same day as me:eek:
goverment :banghead: