• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Presidential election and Iran/Israel...WAR hooyah, what is it good for!

MilProGuy

Republicans have only themsevles to blame; their line-up sucks.

Republicans have nothing to do with the 52.8% who put Mr. Obama in office.

Well, they may have after all...some of the cry babies whose candidate didn't get the nomination probably stayed home and voted for no one.

Beretta92FSLady

Republicans have nothing to do with the 52.8% who put Mr. Obama in office.

Well, they may have after all...some of the cry babies whose candidate didn't get the nomination probably stayed home and voted for no one.

Of course Republicans have nothing to do with the fact that they couldn't win in 2008; who is to blame than--W. Bush?

All I am stating is that the Republican line-up sucks, and that Paul should have ran third party. I have been saying this for some time now that the Republicans are overplaying this whole thing, they are so hell-bent on getting President Obama out of office that they forgot one important thing--a viable candidate.

I think there are a number of individuals on here that are seeing the writing on the wall, and know that it is more likely than not that President Obama is going to hold the office; a lot of denial floating around on the Republican side right now...IMO

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Of course Republicans have nothing to do with the fact that they couldn't win in 2008; who is to blame than--W. Bush?

All I am stating is that the Republican line-up sucks, and that Paul should have ran third party. I have been saying this for some time now that the Republicans are overplaying this whole thing, they are so hell-bent on getting President Obama out of office that they forgot one important thing--a viable candidate.

I think there are a number of individuals on here that are seeing the writing on the wall, and know that it is more likely than not that President Obama is going to hold the office; a lot of denial floating around on the Republican side right now...IMO

You're too self absorbed and the propellant chemicals have slowed your synapses. The media beat the $#!t out of the public with their Bush hate, and the ayatollah of assahollahs (whom I lovingly refer to as obozo, the moonbat messiah) beat to death his so called opposite stances which we all know now he didn't stand by, like GITMO for instance. Republicans are in a struggle amoungst themselves for a leader, but this time they understand (along with the moderates) that staying home will screw us all over.

You on the other hand won't loose patience until your EBT can no longer be used to buy Rustoleum.

Hugs....
:lol:

Dreamer

Think of the last president that commanded respect.

Not policy-wise , but persona.

Someone who wouldn't pull punches, didn't take all the credit for a mission overseas, didn't have vocabulary issues, didn't close a **** ton of military bases, didn't lie to the people about raising taxes.....

Reagan.. and Kennedy....

Two people, in my mind, that had a very tough attitude when it came to war.

And any student of history knows what happened to them when they stood up to the Military-Industrial complex and its globalist puppet masters...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Harvey_Oswald

Just sayin...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
And any student of history knows what happened to them when they stood up to the Military-Industrial complex and its globalist puppet masters...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr....
Wikipedia said:
Bush–Hinckley family connection coincidence

Coincidentally, Hinckley's father was a financial supporter of George H.W. Bush's 1980 presidential primary campaign, where Bush was Reagan's closest rival for the Republican nomination prior to becoming his Vice President. Hinckley's older brother, Scott, had a dinner date scheduled at the home of Neil Bush the day after the Reagan assassination attempt.[19][20] Neil's wife Sharon indicated in a newspaper interview the day after the shooting that Scott was coming to their house as a date of a girlfriend of hers, and that she didn't "know the brother [John]" but understood "that he was the renegade brother in the family." Sharon described the Hinckleys as "a very nice family" and that they had "given a lot of money to the Bush campaign."[21] In another coincidence, Neil Bush had lived in Lubbock, Texas, in 1978, where Hinckley lived from 1974 to 1980.

Holy crap! I didn't know this!

DrakeZ07

A possible war between Israel and Iran? like, oh my god, that's something that hasn't been in the making since the former's land seizure in the middle east...

If we american's has any common sense left, we'd keep our nose out of the middle east long enough to elect a president with some sense to him/her.

I'll be rooting for Iran; Because Israel deserves to be knocked down a few pegs... Just because they have our "backing" in the past, doesn't mean they can urinate on their neighbors, and threaten to bomb anyone who wants nukes... Oh right, I forgot, Israel is the only one in the mid-east allowed to have nuclear weapons.

.02$

sst0185

A possible war between Israel and Iran? like, oh my god, that's something that hasn't been in the making since the former's land seizure in the middle east...

If we american's has any common sense left, we'd keep our nose out of the middle east long enough to elect a president with some sense to him/her.

I'll be rooting for Iran; Because Israel deserves to be knocked down a few pegs... Just because they have our "backing" in the past, doesn't mean they can urinate on their neighbors, and threaten to bomb anyone who wants nukes... Oh right, I forgot, Israel is the only one in the mid-east allowed to have nuclear weapons.

.02$

You could live in Israel be gay and open carry!

Try that in Iran you would be put in sack and thrown off a cliff.

.02$

DrakeZ07

You could live in Israel be gay and open carry!

Try that in Iran you would be put in sack and thrown off a cliff.

.02$

Citations to the legality of open carry in Israel by non-military personal please.

My comment was not based on sexuality, so why drag it up? Just stating my opinion on a potential war between Israel, and Iran; and why I would side with the latter. Israel isn't exactly known to be a bastion of LGBT rights, nor is it really known to be more accepting than South Africa, or Egypt. My opinion was based on Israel's past actions of provoking their neighbors, threatening them with attacks, and the dilusion that U.S. support in the past makes them invulnerable to attack or retribution. Examples; Who attacked, and leveled a nuclear power plant in Iraq back in the '80's, with no threats from Iraq? Israel. Who invaded Lebanon, and occupied it for a number of months, just because a splinter cell attacked them? Israel. Who started a war with Egypt to gain control of the Sinai Desert? Israel. Who continues to oppress, maim, kill, starve, and occupy Palestine? Israel. Sorry, but their the sole reason the rest of the middle-east hates them, and their to be blamed for when an Iran-lead coalition gets some much due revenge.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

Typical libtard stance. Last I looked the yids built Jerusalem, not the persians. For that matter the land known as Israel was the "holy land" for 2000 years before some arabian sow gave birth to a false prophet, thief, warlord, pedophile who created a cult of slavery and death based on a twisted version of the 2 major religions that existed 1400 years ago.

Isrel can take care of itself, but the libtards running the UN and within our government seem too be unwilling to let them defeat their enemies once and for all.

sweetnsauer

Typical libtard stance. Last I looked the yids built Jerusalem, not the persians. For that matter the land known as Israel was the "holy land" for 2000 years before some arabian sow gave birth to a false prophet, thief, warlord, pedophile who created a cult of slavery and death based on a twisted version of the 2 major religions that existed 1400 years ago.

Isrel can take care of itself, but the libtards running the UN and within our government seem too be unwilling to let them defeat their enemies once and for all.

Why do you have to call someone "libtard" for saying something you disagree with? From what I saw, he/she was very polite (albeit vocal) in what they wanted to say; making that uncalled for.

But last time I looked, the Native Americans built human civilization in the Americas. So what would you say if a country (rather, a group of countries) way more powerful and technologically and militarily sophisticated than us cut a big chunk out of OUR country, handed it over to a posse of militant Native Americans, pumped them full of money, guns and nukes and said: "Sorry, Americans... But this land is now the proud nation of Indian-rael!"??? Oh, you wouldn't be pissed??? :rolleyes: So if that's the standard you're using to decide who that territory really belongs to then you should give up your home to a native family -- better yet, we should all be deported.

Americans seem to be deficient in the ability to see how their actions affect and harm other people; a complete lack of empathy or wisdom in dealing with others. We're taught in Kindergarten that we should "[...] treat others the way we wish to be treated", and taught the same thing in church and Sunday-school, yet we seem to totally fail at grasping it. And as for my fellow "Christians", I think the general attitude towards Muslims and the Middle East is about as UN-Christian and anti-Biblical as they come. Food for thought... :idea:

I have to agree, that Israel would totally deserve it if they got the snot beat out of them. And I'm tired of my country being Israel's b****. We let that little country use us, abuse us and get us into crap and we just LOVE it! That's why I find it funny when people beating the "patriotic" war drums and rattling their "tough guy sabers" are all for doing Israel's dirty work: content with being Israel's big towel boy, shoe shiner and butler, all in one.

DrakeZ07

Typical libtard stance.* Last I looked the yids built Jerusalem, not the persians. For that matter the land known as Israel was the "holy land" for 2000 years before some arabian sow gave birth to a false prophet, thief, warlord, pedophile who created a cult of slavery and death based on a twisted version of the 2 major religions** that existed 1400 years ago.

*Ah, I'm sorry, I often times forget that being Liberal/Libertarian, and having my own personal beliefs and opinions; separate from what a political party says, makes me a Mentally Disabled person, and, incapable of using rational free thinking to formulate my own opinion.

**Is that a bit of racist bigotry I detect? I somehow thought it was of bad form to insult a religion, and especially so of a founder of a religion. But then again, I forgot that we, as a nation, didn't have any written articles about the free exorcise of religion, and, neither do we have anything written down saying we can peacefully associate with people or groups thereof. Just as we don't have any written ruling that makes the right to defend ourselves above any kind of question or doubt by any group or body of power. I must learn to wake myself up from this alternate reality dream world, where such things and rule of laws, exist. Would you like it if I openly, and blatantly insulted, and accused Jesus Christ, of various evils, and called Christianity a "cult of slavery and death, based on a twisted version of Judaism, and various middle-eastern religions of the time period"?

So...
LGBT rights?!?!? What the hell does that mean? Individuals are endowed with rights by their creator... LGBTs get their own "special" rights separate of this?***

***So you have affirmed that "all men are created equal, and are endowed with certain inalienable rights"; This thread isn't about LGBT rights, or why we need special affirmation by law to force the body of power in our country to recognize them. If you want to have such a debate, I suggest either a different thread, or a different forum, where your trolling/baiting tactics can be of better use.

Why do you have to call someone "libtard" for saying something you disagree with? From what I saw, he/she was very polite (albeit vocal) in what they wanted to say; making that uncalled for.

But last time I looked, the Native Americans built human civilization in the Americas. So what would you say if a country (rather, a group of countries) way more powerful and technologically and militarily sophisticated than us cut a big chunk out of OUR country, handed it over to a posse of militant Native Americans, pumped them full of money, guns and nukes and said: "Sorry, Americans... But this land is now the proud nation of Indian-rael!"??? Oh, you wouldn't be pissed??? :rolleyes: So if that's the standard you're using to decide who that territory really belongs to then you should give up your home to a native family -- better yet, we should all be deported.

Americans seem to be deficient in the ability to see how their actions affect and harm other people; a complete lack of empathy or wisdom in dealing with others. We're taught in Kindergarten that we should "[...] treat others the way we wish to be treated", and taught the same thing in church and Sunday-school, yet we seem to totally fail at grasping it. And as for my fellow "Christians", I think the general attitude towards Muslims and the Middle East is about as UN-Christian and anti-Biblical as they come. Food for thought... :idea:

I have to agree, that Israel would totally deserve it if they got the snot beat out of them. And I'm tired of my country being Israel's b****. We let that little country use us, abuse us and get us into crap and we just LOVE it! That's why I find it funny when people beating the "patriotic" war drums and rattling their "tough guy sabers" are all for doing Israel's dirty work: content with being Israel's big towel boy, shoe shiner and butler, all in one.

You have managed to say in three paragraphs, something I could not say without having to hit the "backspace" key a hundred times and re-try it. Thank you for conveying my opinions in a better, and a more tasteful format. For that, you get a cookie and a friend request. <3

georg jetson

SNIP

***So you have affirmed that "all men are created equal, and are endowed with certain inalienable rights"; This thread isn't about LGBT rights, or why we need special affirmation by law to force the body of power in our country to recognize them. If you want to have such a debate, I suggest either a different thread, or a different forum, where your trolling/baiting tactics can be of better use.

SNIP
YOU brought up the LGBT crap. Don't point you condescending finger at me.

Individual rights are always an issue here at OCDO. You seem to be a proponent of "group" rights. Don't get your feeling hurt when this is questioned... especially when YOU bring up the discussion.

Last edited:

sweetnsauer

Individual rights are always an issue here at OCDO. You seem to be a proponent of "group" rights. Don't get your feeling hurt when this is questioned... especially when YOU bring up the discussion.

BTW, from what I saw someone else brought up the LGBT thing and basically singled him/her out for it, as if it pertained to the discussion about Iran and Israel (which it does not). I think the way it was brought up was a bit rude... For instance, if I was a black man and we started talking about Mississippi, then someone says "Yeah, you couldn't go to MS, man, because they'd lynch you in a heartbeat!". Bad taste, me thinks... People can be sensitive about being singled out in such ways... :p

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Your distinction here is wholly a product of your own bias and a preformed opinion about "LGBT rights".

"LGBT rights" doesn't refer to any sort of group rights, any more than does "gun rights". It's simply the individual rights which are of concern to a particular group.

That the NRA is a group concerned with gun rights in no way implies that gun rights are all of a sudden a group right.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

I have little tolerance for stupidity, and what he said was a perfect illustration of the term. I don't have to be polite in a response to stupidity regardless of how it was delivered.

WHAT??? How many cities did they have? Did they even have written language or a code of laws? How much infrastructure, scientific advancements and economy had they established? Excuse the hell out of me, but I think many of them would resist sustaining themselves in the wilds wearing loin cloths made out of buckskin as opposed to having toilet paper and AC. As far as "civilization" goes, they regularly had wars over hunting grounds and harvests, and some of them engaged in cannibalism. Not real "civil" if you ask me. I'd call it a primal existence at best. In any case feel free too deport yourself, since all that "genocide and theft of land" was over before my ancestors got off the boat.

Have you ever seen human entrails and body parts hanging in consertina wire because of the bearded a$$hole whole declared "JESUS LOVES YOU!!" before going supernova in a crown of local nationals applying for jobs in their country's police force? I know for absolute certainty you haven't, but I can tell you it looks just as bad as when they say "allah akbar". So my impression of these idiots has nothing to do with anything I've learned as a "Christian or an American", but rather my own observations of the behavior of the followers of a medeval arab warlord who founded a cult that continues too arbitrarily kill thousands each year.

Israel isn't any more pure than we are, and I'm still pist about what they did too the USS Liberty. However they're the only country in the region with a semblance of stability, and managed to make a $#!thole chunk of wasteland and turn it into the most contested land in the world. As far as I'm concerned they own it, and no Israeli I know of is removing people's heads while chanting yiddish declarations about Yahweh and posting the video online.

*Ah, I'm sorry, I often times forget that being Liberal/Libertarian, and having my own personal beliefs and opinions; separate from what a political party says, makes me a Mentally Disabled person, and, incapable of using rational free thinking to formulate my own opinion.

If missed anything you've said that sounds "libertarian", it's always been whining about how offended you are because no one gives a damn if you're offended. The rest of it is leftwing psycobabble which does indeed make you a complete retard, incapable of making a single rational independent thought because you're too consumed with your groupthink which is anything but "free thinking".

**Is that a bit of racist bigotry I detect? I somehow thought it was of bad form to insult a religion, and especially so of a founder of a religion. But then again, I forgot that we, as a nation, didn't have any written articles about the free exorcise of religion, and, neither do we have anything written down saying we can peacefully associate with people or groups thereof. Just as we don't have any written ruling that makes the right to defend ourselves above any kind of question or doubt by any group or body of power. I must learn to wake myself up from this alternate reality dream world, where such things and rule of laws, exist. Would you like it if I openly, and blatantly insulted, and accused Jesus Christ, of various evils, and called Christianity a "cult of slavery and death, based on a twisted version of Judaism, and various middle-eastern religions of the time period"?

"People" like you detect some sort of bigotry anytime someone challenges your programming. You're free to make whatever sort of insipid statements you like. It's the hallmark of liberalism. I don't care what you say about Jesus, you don't have to answer to me for it. I might even have to answer to Allah for insulting his dumbass "profit", but somehow I might find islamic "hell" more appealing if the women wear bikinis and drink Coors Light.

georg jetson

Your distinction here is wholly a product of your own bias and a preformed opinion about "LGBT rights".

"LGBT rights" doesn't refer to any sort of group rights, any more than does "gun rights". It's simply the individual rights which are of concern to a particular group.

DELETED

That the NRA is a group concerned with gun rights in no way implies that gun rights are all of a sudden a group right.

DELETED

EDIT - I had intended to post disagreement with marshaul, but it is off topic. We'll pick it up some other time. :)

Last edited:

georg jetson

BTW, from what I saw someone else brought up the LGBT thing and basically singled him/her out for it, as if it pertained to the discussion about Iran and Israel (which it does not). I think the way it was brought up was a bit rude... For instance, if I was a black man and we started talking about Mississippi, then someone says "Yeah, you couldn't go to MS, man, because they'd lynch you in a heartbeat!". Bad taste, me thinks... People can be sensitive about being singled out in such ways... :p

Hmmm. Good point.

BTW - Welcome to OCDO!! I see you're in Louisiana. What part?

DrakeZ07

@Sweetnsauter; Welcome to the forum. Enjoy some complimentary cookies, a free hug, and some popcorn. There's never a dull moment in this forum. And you'll quickly learn to enjoy the often blatent trolling of some people at the expense of someone's religion, race, creed, or sexuality.

Not only do we fight against anti-gun rights groups, but we also fight against minorities, and people who are of a different race/religion/sexuality/creed than our own! *** is a prime example of a highly enlightened representative of our fine objectives and organization.

--Moderator edited--

Last edited: