• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 10/27. 9:30 AM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 10/27, 9:30 AM

River City Diner

Parham Rd & I-95...................view map
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

The end of the drought may be near - come see if the water restrictions are lifted. You might need your flashlight, but no need to rush out and buy bread and milk - RCD has stocked up on those staples.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And bring your soap. We may not get another opportunity while the weather is warm.

stay safe.

Bohr

Just check online where it is. I will try to arrive there tomorrow. May I take some pictures? In SC there is a ban on open carry. How can I recognize you guys?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just check online where it is. I will try to arrive there tomorrow. May I take some pictures? In SC there is a ban on open carry. How can I recognize you guys?

Just tried to fix the map link on the OP - posting is proving recalcitrant. :( Google maps should solve that problem.

Pictures are normally fine with this bunch - rouges gallery.

Just look for the people with guns on their hip - we will be to the right of the entrance door from about 9:00 to 10:30 or 11:00 AM

Hope to see you there.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Pleasant breakfast and legnthy conversation: ran the gambit of laws, rules & regulations + recent happenings.

Was exceptionally nice to meet Bohr and his lovely bride from South Carolina - before they left, he was OCing his gun....probably for the 1st time in public. Liberating isn't it :exclaim:

Understand that they will be in the Greater Richmond area for a while (job related) so hope we'll have a chance to introduce them to a full scale, just-normal-folks dinner. OC dinners here are scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of each month - look for the advance announcement with a stickie.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Pleasant breakfast and legnthy conversation: ran the gambit of laws, rules & regulations + recent happenings.

Was exceptionally nice to meet Bohr and his lovely bride from South Carolina - before they left, he was OCing his gun....probably for the 1st time in public. Liberating isn't it :exclaim:

Understand that they will be in the Greater Richmond area for a while (job related) so hope we'll have a chance to introduce them to a full scale, just-normal-folks dinner. OC dinners here are scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of each month - look for the advance announcement with a stickie.

Yep, very nice people and an enjoyable breakfast. I think he may have gotten information overload especially when he saw the Bubba buggy with a shotgun on the front seat, a 44 magnum in the console and a crossbow in the back.:lol:

Last edited:

Bohr

Thanks guys, a pleasant talking and breakfast. It is my first time open carry. Do you guys mind me to upload one of our photos here?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks guys, a pleasant talking and breakfast. It is my first time open carry. Do you guys mind me to upload one of our photos here?

I can't speak officially for the others, but a can tell you that everyone in that group has had their pictures lots of places other than the Post Office. :lol:

I think they would consider it an honor.
icon14.png

Bohr

0003.jpg

I did some decoration on this picture to cover our face. You guys are so famous and I think we shall keep a low profile, right?

BTW, I "secretly" join the VCDL and will try to convince my colleagues in the future. Few professors like gun owning employee.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
View attachment 9455

I did some decoration on this picture to cover our face. You guys are so famous and I think we shall keep a low profile, right?

BTW, I "secretly" join the VCDL and will try to convince my colleagues in the future. Few professors like gun owning employee.

You can do our makeup any time - you make us look considerably better than in real life, particularly me. :lol:

Kudos for joining VCDL - our strength lies in our numbers. Good to have you on board there.