• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kids and Guns

cjohnson44546

I don't know about that last one...
She straight out tells them its a toy gun, even if she says its "dangerous" ... they believed her when she said it was a toy. Then in the interview she only says that she told them it was dangerous and they shouldn't play with guns... then she surprised they play with it? Well don't tell them its a toy and maybe it would happen differently...

OC for ME

All three were set-ups to advance a anti-gun agenda. Responsible adults teach little kids not to touch what looks like a real gun. Responsible adults don't leave a gun laying around with other toys. Also, a 10 y/o is not permitted, or encouraged to defend themselves and their siblings with a gun, while in their own home, if the situation as they see it at the time is dire?

Bush league psych-out stuff...pfft!

HPmatt

This clip was on Fox-n-Friends this morning - they were all cooing and oohing and ahhing about the clip and didn't have one skeptical question in the bunch about Dr Susan Lipkin's research, who was funding it, if the kids had guns in the home, if they have shot guns and received instructions from parents on gun safety - or had just seen how TV displays guns on movies, cop shows, etc.

The Fox&Friends NYC dopes were curious about this but you could tell THEY don't have any dealings with weapons and they couldn't wait to get on to the next story about the Russian fisherman saved from being mauled by a bear - bear was scared away when it heard Justin Bieber's 'Baby' song ringtone.....

twoskinsonemanns

All three were set-ups to advance a anti-gun agenda. Responsible adults teach little kids not to touch what looks like a real gun. Responsible adults don't leave a gun laying around with other toys. Also, a 10 y/o is not permitted, or encouraged to defend themselves and their siblings with a gun, while in their own home, if the situation as they see it at the time is dire?

Bush league psych-out stuff...pfft!

Exactly. It tries to come across as a objective scientific study but it's clearly a setup.

I also caught her lie telling the kids it was a toy gun then claiming she told them it was dangerous and not to touch it.
Also being in a strange place with a strange "authority" is completely different than touching Daddy or Mommy's gun at home.
Uninformative video meant to scare sheep.
Anyway guns can kill and kids make poor decisions. Deciding how much access to give a child to a gun is a very important decision and IMHO not an easy one.