• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Town of Nokomis to vote tonight

Wstar425

P226 in OWB holster. If you can't see it you gotta be blind. No mention of the firearm , but the one lady checking names said "you're my neighbor at the end of the road." I said yes, and she said "you're the guy who walks the German Shepherd who always carries a gun on his side."

This while I was standing in front of her, with a gun on my side? It was kinda strange I thought, but she was like 90 years older than Moses. There were 3 other people there as well working, plus about 6 coming and going or voting. Nobody said anything and didn't see any stink eye. I was planning to walk the dog down there, about 2 miles, but weather kinda iffy so drove instead. As it should be.

Last edited:

protias

I used to be able to carry and vote, but since the place I go to now is one of those "prohibited" places, I can no longer protect myself.

Wstar425

I used to be able to carry and vote, but since the place I go to now is one of those "prohibited" places, I can no longer protect myself.

Yeah, it's all pretty confusing. Way too many exceptions to the rules for mere mortals to be able to comprehend.

Walked the other way from the town hall on the Bearskin Wednesday night. Stopped at a little convenience store called the Kracker Barrel, with the dog. Took dog inside, practice stay command while various people came and went. OC S & W 686. Got asked twice if I was LE training my dog. No, not LE, yes, training. Got asked about 6 times if it was a police dog? No. Got asked a couple of times if we were in training, yes, and no request made to pet. Inconclusive as to whether they assumed no petting or didn't want to anyway.

She was good, will not leave her post until she starts getting petted, then forgets the stay command. Just over a year, work not finished. Probably never will be. She's just a dog, I'm in training!

Walked out the door and Oneida County Sheriff pulled up on my strong side. This location is in Lincoln County, btw. He gets out of his truck, heads towards me which is also towards the door. I sit dog, he says that is a good looking Shepherd! Asks to pet and does so. We chit chat small talk for 3-4 minutes and he heads inside. I said stay safe this evening. No mention of any kind about firearm, I don't see how he could have missed it. 6 inch barrel, big brown leather holster half way to my knee. All cool

We are in the very corner of the county, nearly as far away from HQ as you can be. Rarely see county LE over here from Oneida, but do see Lincoln fairly regularly. I wondered if he may have been there looking around due to my phone call to the Sheriff the previous day about carrying at the Town Hall? Probably just suspicions getting the better of me, but it did not seem like a coincidence. Probably was tho. About my 6th interaction with LE while OC, all good.

I might try to attend some town board meetings. See how that goes. I should make some connections, I'd be a very qualified candidate for the road crew, except I don't know anybody who's in charge. Politics and such.....probably not OC the first time, but who knows?

Anyway, how my day went. Got four more inches of snow last night 4/10/2015 so trails once again all sloppy wet. About the time they dry out we get more snow, this is getting old!

Last edited:

Wstar425

Back up from my trip to the Appleton area. Roads mostly dry, some wet. Merrill had about 6 inches this morning, still hanging around but melting fast. Good riddance I say! Winter is not wanting to let go.