• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be warned they think they can do this anytime. - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confisc

Cbh

And...

And? Are people now supposed to harass this person on FB? Do we now look for his home address? Perhaps his phone number? Place of work? What exactly is the next step now that you have enlightened us with his FB page?

In case this didn't come across correctly. I agree with you completely. I'm from Paradise Valley. Moved here for college, met a petty redhead, and now have winter for the rest of my life.

Gil223

However, Katrina may have been a scary situation and LEO's were scared too. They want to go home to their families as well. They aren't there, in most cases, to deny you your rights. In fact, I believe, that they are the folks who at the end of the day preserve them.

They (LEO's) aren't there, in most cases, when it's necessary to protect your right to life. Half of them don't know your rights, and some just elect to ignore your rights, which is anything beyond the right(s) to an attorney and to remain silent, of the Miranda Warning. LEO's are not lawyers... they are enforcers of the law, not defenders of it. In most places they are expected to have a working knowledge of local laws and ordinances, and some familiarity with other laws - including state laws and constitutions. Pax...

Logan 5

Sooo you joined the forum this month...
Bought a gun last week...
Been OCing for TWO days...
Posted an old video about Ktrena gun confiscation...
Went to an OC dinner,,, but didnt join in...

Did you know that Very Many States passed New laws since Katrena,,,
That safe guard the rights of the people to keep and bear arms,,, during national and state "states of emergancy"?
Gun grabs like happened during things like Katrena are NOT ALLOWED!!!

Now. Back then, however....
I'm glad they were offended. I'm glad it hurt their feelings. I'm so glad it humiliated them. They deserve it.

OC for ME

Well....Shannon, we have made it illegal for them to do it in Virginia. What else should we do?
Missouri also has such a statute.....then again, it is also illegal to stop a OCer simply due to a visible and properly holstered firearm. Yet this situation does occur from time to time.

The OP point is valid though it seems the occurrence of such a event in the future is increasingly unlikely. The manner of relating his point to the members is lacking in proper "forum etiquette" as has been previously explained.