• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Up date to O/C in New Stanton Park

Mr Birdman

Well I finally got a answer to my question of Offensive weapons in the park. The city lawyer finally was able to attend the meeting. Offensive weapons are machine guns, sawed off shotguns, switchblades ect. Now every one knows o/c carry as well as c/c carry is OK in the park and borough building. It was even published in the local paper that I was O/Cing at the meeting and I received a answer to my question. :banana:

Curmudgeon

LOL... awesome, well done! :cool:

I know there is no preemption on knives, but I'm honestly not sure whether they can
regulate 'offensive weapons' such as you show in your post. These weapons are
legal throughout the commonwealth for the individual who legally owns these NFA-type
items.

None-the-less, well done. Do you have a link to the article?

Mr Birdman

link to the paper article

LOL... awesome, well done! :cool:

I know there is no preemption on knives, but I'm honestly not sure whether they can
regulate 'offensive weapons' such as you show in your post. These weapons are
legal throughout the commonwealth for the individual who legally owns these NFA-type
items.

None-the-less, well done. Do you have a link to the article?

triblive.com/news/westmoreland/4456571-74/herron-borough-campfield - 2013-08-02

Golden Eagle

We're sorry, but the link you requested is not available. You can use the search link below or try one of the section links below.

:(
Copy past worked for me. :)

Trib Live said:
triblive.com/news/westmoreland/4456571-74/herron-borough-campfieldAt each of the three meetings, Herron wore a handgun in a holster on his hip.
The first meeting in June, Herron came with a Pennsylvania state statute that said that municipalities could not ban firearms.
Council President Scott Sistek told Herron to return when Campfield was present to explain the term offensive weapon.
Campfield is only present at the first meeting of the month, because of a conflict with the second meeting.
“I did not write that so I don't know,” Sistek told Herron at the June 20 meeting. Herron also came to the July 18 meeting, but Campfield was not there.
Campfield told Herron at the Aug. 1 meeting that “offensive weapons” does not include firearms.
The term as used in the park regulations is defined in the Pennsylvania crimes code as “bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun… ” but not firearm, Campfield said.
“To my knowledge I haven't heard of any situation where any borough employee has attempted to prevent anyone from having a lawful handgun from entering the park or borough building,” Campfield said.

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/4456571-74/herron-borough-campfield#ixzz2baNOMDEW
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Curmudgeon

^Thanks. Copy/paste wasn't working for me yesterday, and still isn't working today. Weird.

Your link works, and I can't help but notice that yours contains more than a dozen characters
that are missing from the other. :eek: