• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nuff said!!

solus

THMHryb.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/0DrnE

ipse

solus

uh, shadow thread from deadpool !!

(read as beats the living geewhiz out of me?)

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey now, I thought Long-gun OC was off the table for discussion! Also, someone call the DC police [assuming that's in DC, that is] there's a man holding a gun!

Not discussing long gun carry - sharing belief in Duty, Honor et al.

Amazing dedication to those principles by those who guard the tombs of the unknowns.

Last edited:

Shovelhead

Also, someone call the DC police [assuming that's in DC, that is] there's a man holding a gun!
BTW...... Arlington National Cemetary is in..........
Wait for it ............
Arlington Virginia, not DC.

Last edited:

Walther

Great post.

I was able to go on the Honor Flight this past spring with my 91 year old father who is a WWII Vet. And standing there watching the changing of the guards with my father and being a vet myself was an awesome experience.

Thanks for the post.

HPmatt

Here's the Revolutionary war prison ship tomb in Ft Greene Park in Brooklyn NY. Contains remains of just a few of the 11,000 soldiers that died in Wallabout bay there on the East River.

345d3aacd0c51197152aae256fca387c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeSchaine

It may be the most prestigious post in the Army, but I never once envied those 3rd Regiment boys their duties.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I liked it better when they carried the M1 instead of the M14. At least then I could pretend they were guarding with a loaded rifle.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I liked it better when they carried the M1 instead of the M14. At least they I could pretend they were guarding with a loaded rifle.

Wait! What? The guards at the Tower of London carry live weapons.

Skip to 3:20. (Keyboard warning if you watch more. This guard is hilarious.)

[video=youtube;EnPOG5_8HB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPOG5_8HB4[/video]