• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason to carry in groups?

Yooper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtO6wnWxHZw

I know most people who OC carry some kind of recording device. Though this story is not directly related to OC, it is related to what can happen when you try to record a police encounter. I guess carrying a hidden recording device, or walking in groups, or at least having someone record your daily routine from a little distance away could help reduce this type of event.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Such A Sad State Of Affairs

I watched the video and was shocked at the officers behavior. This event seems to have been captured by the city's own video system. Good for them for recording and reporting. I hope the honest police in our country see these videos and do their best to rid their police forces of people like the ones shown in the video.

Remember in Wisconsin we can record with only one person's consent and yes, we can record surreptitiously. My vehicle has a video recorder mounted in it that records everything as I drive, audio and video. It has come in handy a few times with the most recent when I was broadsided and the other drivers insurance company didn't want to pay. Once I provided the recording of the event and the other driver telling me "I was talking to my daughter" as to why he didn't see me....case over. They paid in full.

Last edited:

Yooper

I watched the video and was shocked at the officers behavior. This event seems to have been captured by the city's own video system. Good for them for recording and reporting. I hope the honest police in our country see these videos and do their best to rid their police forces of people like the ones shown in the video.

Remember in Wisconsin we can record with only one person's consent and yes, we can record surreptitiously. My vehicle has a video recorder mounted in it that records everything as I drive, audio and video. It has come in handy a few times with the most recent when I was broadsided and the other drivers insurance company didn't want to pay. Once I provided the recording of the event and the other driver telling me "I was talking to my daughter" as to why he didn't see me....case over. They paid in full.

The video system is from the Colorado Department of Transportation (cotrip.org), there are dozens of cameras in the Denver metro area, and this event happened to occur within the "eyesight" of one.

M

McX

safety in numbers, and multiple witnesses. plus i have heard whispers of some municipality instructing their officers that they can confront an open carrier if alone, but not when the open carriers are in groups. no police came at the cabelas this past weekend, though several of us stood outside while the remaining members finished shopping. Nor did we get any evil glances, and no one ran, nor avoided us. fancy that now!

xenophon

safety in numbers, and multiple witnesses. plus i have heard whispers of some municipality instructing their officers that they can confront an open carrier if alone, but not when the open carriers are in groups. no police came at the cabelas this past weekend, though several of us stood outside while the remaining members finished shopping. Nor did we get any evil glances, and no one ran, nor avoided us. fancy that now!

That's ok, my video cam broadcasts live and also remotely records (by way of cell phone data network) video, so it's recorded off site. Officers will be made aware of that, if I'm alone.

Passive101

I honestly wouldn't OC alone. I would do it with 2 or more people.

This isn't the first time police or criminals have singled someone out.

protias

That's ok, my video cam broadcasts live and also remotely records (by way of cell phone data network) video, so it's recorded off site. Officers will be made aware of that, if I'm alone.
What program do you use?