• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gibson's Grill in Richmond - now prominently posted in neon as anti-gun at front door

SicSemperTyrannis

I work near Gibson's Grill (on 7th and Broad, across from the Federal Courthouse and next to The Natiuonal Theatre). I've open carried there before, and have seen other open carriers there several times, such as after Lobby Day when maybe 15 of us were there without incident. I also know the (very nice) manager.

A little less than 2 weeks ago they added a neon sign to the front door in all caps saying NO WEAPONS!.

Not sure why. Very annoying. I haven't been there since. Haven't had a chance yet to ask the manager about it (been traveling). Like I wrote, she is great personally so I just want to calmly explain why they have lost my business and why I think the sign is foolish and unproductive to boot. I will do so within the next week, although it probably was posted by the owner and not the manager.

Thoughts? Anyone else want to join me in writing/calling/emailing to express concern?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I work near Gibson's Grill (on 7th and Broad, across from the Federal Courthouse and next to The Natiuonal Theatre). I've open carried there before, and have seen other open carriers there several times, such as after Lobby Day when maybe 15 of us were there without incident. I also know the (very nice) manager.

A little less than 2 weeks ago they added a neon sign to the front door in all caps saying NO WEAPONS!.

Not sure why. Very annoying. I haven't been there since. Haven't had a chance yet to ask the manager about it (been traveling). Like I wrote, she is great personally so I just want to calmly explain why they have lost my business and why I think the sign is foolish and unproductive to boot. I will do so within the next week, although it probably was posted by the owner and not the manager.

Thoughts? Anyone else want to join me in writing/calling/emailing to express concern?

I'll send them a postcard.. can ya snap a photo of the sign and post it?

ed

Postcard Sent

gibsonsgrill.jpg

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Too bad to hear about this. The wife and I ate at Gibson's for lunch at Lobby Day 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. May have to send out something.

MSC 45ACP

Ed, I really LOVE your "postcards"! You ROCK, Brother!

P.S. I'll be sending you a SASE for some cards and a check to help defray the cost. Thanks for all you do!

buster81

I really wonder why they don't just put up a sign that says "No Robberies" instead. Anyone ever ask that question? Seems more to the point.

TFred

LOL. I actually did ask someone this question once. The response I got was priceless: "That would be stupid."

Last edited:

curtiswr

By "neon sign" I thought you meant one of the neon signs ala the "open" signs you commonly see. I was gonna go take a picture for Ed, but I'm too late for his postcard... but I still wanted to see that type of neon sign saying no guns. I thought it would be some sort of display of "yes we take it that seriously." But it was just a bright/neon colored sign. :p

IMG_2700.jpg

ed

By "neon sign" I thought you meant one of the neon signs ala the "open" signs you commonly see. I was gonna go take a picture for Ed, but I'm too late for his postcard... but I still wanted to see that type of neon sign saying no guns. I thought it would be some sort of display of "yes we take it that seriously." But it was just a bright/neon colored sign. :p

I thought that too.. lol.. Either way.. I think they will KNOW what I am talking about. I would guess their postcard arrives tomorrow or Thursday.:dude:

Carry on.