• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lead Ammo

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
In an area where the Condor are present, the lead ammunition ban only applies to hunters, right? In other words, if you are in such an area, where carrying guns is also legal, and you are not hunting, it is okay to carry lead ammo in your self-defense gun?

And this is to be the case whether your self-defense gun is a pistol, rifle, or shotgun? Rimfire and Centerfire?

Is there anywhere else in California other than the Condor range where lead ammunition is banned?

For some reason it seems right now that www.leginfo.ca.gov is down.

Last edited:

Iopencarry

Q&A
What about target shooting, “plinking”, or firearms for personal protection?
The Commission does not regulate these activities. Use of lead projectiles is legal
unless another government entity has determined otherwise for lands they administer.
The regulations prohibiting lead only relate to possession while engaged in specified
hunting activities.

Robin47

Yeah they have already ban "lead wheel weights", all over Kalifornia, because they think
"The Condors are eating them and dieing".
Next they will work on Northern Kali, and blame the deaths of "Bald Eagles", Its just a ploy
to fool the gun owners and re-loaders, into complying with these new regulations.
Its all about Control !

My big Question is "What happened to our Liberty" ?

Robin47 :(

CenTex

Yeah they have already ban "lead wheel weights", all over Kalifornia, because they think
"The Condors are eating them and dieing".
Next they will work on Northern Kali, and blame the deaths of "Bald Eagles", Its just a ploy
to fool the gun owners and re-loaders, into complying with these new regulations.
Its all about Control !

My big Question is "What happened to our Liberty" ?

Robin47 :(

It started disappearing when the Liberty Bell cracked.

Last edited: